ZC swap question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IKONZls/vtec3

I was curious, i have a 92 cx hatch, would the dohc obd1 grey plugged zc engine drop right in with the current tranny and wiring harness, also would i have to change the ecu to a jdm zc one and is it a direct plug and play, if not, i am going to purchase a 92 vx hatch with the d15 vtec-e , and will this take a d16z6 usdm dropped right into it , also would i have to change that ecu..if you could give me some heads up i would greatly appreciate it...and i dont need to be recommended on doing a b series swap i already have a ls/vtec type r, i just want a winter beater that has a lil balls to it...so let me know guys

thanks,

Jeremy

I have a jdm obd1 zc in my 92 dx hatch and it was a complete bolt in swap. I am using the p29 ZC ecu and I swapped it out on a saturday no problem

do you know if the hatches come stock with a cable or hydralic transmission bc i was gonna buy a combo package with the jdm zc, the zc ecu, the intermediate shaft and the transmission which is hydralic i cant remember if its a cable tranny in the cx stock or not if you know let me know thanks jeremy

ya its a hydro tranny. Where are you buy the combo from? Nippon motors?

I bought the swap from nippon-motors.com included engine tranny ecu. for less than jsamotors.com price and nippon is a great company to deal with IMO. funny part is i am not actaully using the tranny that came with it, i have been trying to sell it for months:lol:

Back