zc swap questions please for help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spook001

i recently dropped a zc(d16z6) in a 93 coupe dx
when i tried to crank the motor it does not turn over or clicks at all
i tried the battery and grounds(starter and dizzy were good last time i tested going test them again)
i am using the intake manifold off of a d15b7 didn't think it made a diiference
the d15b7 intake manifold does not have a map sensor on it
the d16z6 intake manifold does
also on my wire harness i don't have a plug for the map sensor but i already have a map sensor on my car on the fire wall is this odd?

my questions:
1. does it matter what intake manifold i use?
2. am i supposed to have 2 map sensors(firewall map is square, other is more rounded off)?
3. if so, am i supposed to wire it up myself?
4. can anyone help with advice on why my car says nothing when i try to crank it not even a check engine light

please help with any advice my car has been sitting up since november i really want to put her back on the road..... :worthy:
thanks for any input

can anyone help :worthy:
i looked in a helms manual today and i saw where all the motors had a map sensor except d15b7
so am i supposed to have 2 oxygen sensors
1 on the firewall of the car
2 on the throttle body
thanks

You should have one MAP sensor, and only one O2 sensor.

Your map sensor will not prevent cranking, you should be looking at your starter circuit. Do you have any power when you put the key in the run position (lights or dash lights??) If you don't your battery is suspect.

If you do have power I would start by jumping your solenoid to see if the starter is working, then i would check your signal from the ignition switch to see if that is working. Make sure you hooked up all the wires to the starter.

I hope that helps.

thanks for the replies i meant to say 2 map sensors but i think i got that figured out
all of the lights and everything work

the car was not throwing a cel so i left the key on for a while so i could get one and when i went under the hood to bump the starter i noticed i was hearing a blowing sound but and cant figure out where it is coming from is this sound odd????????
sorry for all the questions really need help :worthy:

also my ecu(p28) has not came yet so i'm using a p06(d15b7) and a p07(d15z1) to try and get my car to crank up
does the ecu cause it not to crank i thought it would crank just not vtec

Back