ZC Swap Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotord16rex

Are there any wiring mods that need to be done when putting a ZC into a 90 CRX SI. Someone told me you have to do something with the distributor. Also, If I get a ZC tranny, what axles do I use? Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure about the distributor, but if you get the ZC transmission you'll need the ZC intermediate shaft and either ZC axles or 90-93 Integra axles.

Thanks Calesta! I think I found what I needed about the distributor in another post. Yeah, I was thinkin it was 90 to 93 integra axles. Does anyone know what the difference is performance wise with the ZC Trans.? I know that the ZC and SI trans are similarly geared, but the SI has a better final drive. I would like to get the ZC tranny because of the low miles, mine is pushing 180K. What would you guys do, get the ZC tranny or push the SI tranny until it dies. Thanks.

get the ZC and put the Si final drive and Si 5th gear in it

Yeah, I had thought about doing that. I really only want to put the ZC final drive in it though. Has anyone here done this? If so, how complicated was it. Can the average weekend mechanic do it? Thanks.

Originally posted by allmotord16rex@Jul 31 2003, 07:12 PM
I really only want to put the ZC final drive in it though.

not sure what you mean when you say "put the ZC final drive in it"? the ZC final drive in the Si transmission? that transmission would be exactly the same as a DX - you could put the ZC gears in the Si case with the Si final drive and use the stock Si axles - if you have both transmissions, you have several options, but chances are the ZC is going to be in better condition than your Si - if you get the transmission with the engine, you can just bolt the ZC in, get the 90-93 integra axles and you are set - putting the Si final drive in is not all that complicated.

Jlicrx, yeah I tripped up on my words. I want to put the SI final drive in the ZC tranny. So it isnt complicated? I guess I will try my luck at it because I do have both trannies.

Some people say to use 88 to 89, others say to use 90 to 93. I know Calesta had a really bad experience with 88 to 89 axles and they said they were too short. Here is the link to his story: https://hondaswap.com/~mike/crx/wrong_axles/ Hybrid Honda also recommends using the 90 to 93 axles.
I also found out that you just use the clutch that matches your tranny year so I dont need that info anymore.

Back