ZC Swap Stalling Out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i had this problem on my 89 integra (d16) and it was some little chip... i was only 16 at the time I can't remember what it was. "Modulator" or something, small and brown, square, flat...wish I could tell you where under the hood. my dad replaced it with another from a 90 accord and it worked... there was a TSB about it from Honda at one point, that's how we finally located the culprit. That's all i can remember.

exact same symptoms, died on the throttle after being warm. cranked just fine on the side of the road, would tow it, then it would start right up at the shop, no problem. took like 2 months to nail it. can't remember if it wasn't getting spark or fuel when it would do it.

hope I helped a lil, sorry I can't be more specific. can anybody identify this little square brown thing I'm thinking of?

go back over the wiring.. once it gets warm the ecu goes into closed loop mode, so its probly gettin the wrong reference signals from one or mre of your sensors.. zc swap is straightforward as it gets, so just quadruple check em and go from there. what ecu are u running??

Back