1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZC Swap - Timing/Distributor

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by parkerfly, Mar 23, 2005.

1. parkerfly

parkerfly Junior Member

I'm swapping a ZC into 1 91 CRX HF. Got everything bolted in and hooked up but seem to have a distributor and possible timing problem.

1) I removed the distributor and found its very hard to rotate, pretty much need a screwdriver to turn it... I'm guessing this is not only not good but means I need a new distributor. Ouch!

2) When the #1 piston is at TDC and the cam sprockets are pointing up... the distributor is pointing at #3? I put my orig distrib up and it points to #1 like it should (Too bad I can't use that one). Is it possible the something got shifted or twisted inside the ZC distrib to make it point to the wrong cyl?

Thanks
    Don

2. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I am by no means a mechanic but when I did my ZC swap my dizzy turned pretty easly. If you can try and get a new dizzy and try that out. I am not 100 percent sure if that will fix your problem. But its worth a shot.

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

are you sure it is pointing to #3? on the DOHC ZC, #1 is at top of distributor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted