zc swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragon2003

i was wondering before i install the motor, what parts are recommended be replaced.

Why is that a stupid question? Some things are a better idea to replace than others.

When I did my ZC swap I completely rebuilt the engine, but there are several things that should be replaced while the engine is out. All of the gaskets should be replaced, head, exhaust, intake. Definately the timing belt (88 Prelude 2.0 Si), and the water pump. I think those are the main things that should be changed, but you should at least check all of the sensors, the thermostat and all of the various belts.

dont forget all of the little rubber hoses that are bitches to reach when the engine is in(smack against the firewall)...

I replace the thermostat, timing belt, and bi-passed the coolant lines that go in the intake manifold. When the motors sit in the junk yards it is comon to devolope pin holes in these lines. The timing belt I took out of the motor was good but it is recomended to change it. I've got a screaming zc swap. I am very happy with this daily driver. Have questions just ask man. It's in a 91 dx hatch

Very self explanitory swap.

Rob
Primetimeimports

The sensor that most often needs replacing is the tps sensor on the back of the throttle body, definetly check this because it is much easier to replace with the engine out of the car.

Originally posted by dragon2003@Aug 7 2004, 08:50 PM
thanx for the info guys. and i was wondering what does a dohc zc run in a 1/4 mile?
[post=373897]Quoted post[/post]​

15 something

i was wondering before i install the motor, what parts are recommended be replaced.
[post=371346]Quoted post[/post]​
[/q

it all depends what car you are putting it in but i see you have an 89 civic so i guess your car will be capable of a 15.5 or something you might want to put some stronger rods and pistons in and go turbo if you want to pull some good quarter mile times

i meant to quote the question about what quarter nmile time above not what needs to be replaced

B) i have a 1991 civic std wit a 89 jdm zc dohc all it has is a header and air intake and i am doin 15.23 in a 1/4

yeah, i am going to get the motor from hmotorsonline.com, cause they compression test the motors and do a look down, so it should be in fairly good shape

Back