zc timing issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pappaj

I just bought a crx and it failed emmisions so I advanced the timing. I followed the zc manual I found zcr.com for timing the motor. I must be doing something wrong because it calls for timing 16deg. btdc there isn't even enough movement in the distributer to acheive this. I am also not positive I unplugged the right plug for the electronic advance, does someone have a picture showing where this is located. Also does this spec 16deg btdc mean while running with a timing light or is this static timing. I am going to try one more etest with the timing retarded and regular gas and hope the thing passes. Some guidance would be appreciated.

depending on the year of your CRX, the timing jumper connector referred to below will be under the hood on the driver's side fender well or under the dash on the passenger side above the side kick panel - the DOHC ZC timing is 16 degrees BTDC at 800 rpm

91-23-58-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have an 89 si. I this plug already connected to something? The only plug I could find in that area is plugged in to the intake man. those wires are red and green/white. All of the other plugs near there have alot more than two wires coming out of them. In the manual I have it says on 88/89 it is in the engine bay and I think 90/91 it is inside the car. I will have to look inside. How will I know that this is properly jumped out? Will this stop the timing from advancing as I rev the motor? Or will the timing change once this is jumped out.

Back