Zc To Si Wiring (help!)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ToddtheBlack

I am needing a little help with a proposed ZC swap into a 90 CRX Si. I am wondering what/any wiring issues I am going to have. Anyone who can help me out and explain what I need to do on the wiring end would be well appreciated.

from what i understand, it is a complete no-brainer... i am thinking about the same swap, when the Income Tax check gets here... check out Hybrid

The zc has a seperate crank sensor. but called a cam position sensor instead. very basic. If your original engine is a single over head cam you will have to mess with the cam position sensor wiring. 1. remove two crank sensor position wired from stock harness. 2 solder and shrink wrap them to zx cam position sensor. hope that helps

The zc has a seperate crank sensor. but called a cam position sensor instead. very basic. If your original engine is a single over head cam you will have to mess with the cam position sensor wiring. 1. remove two crank sensor position wired from stock harness. 2 solder and shrink wrap them to zx cam position sensor. hope that helps
the sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft is the Cylinder Position Sensor (CYP) - the crank sensor and TDC sensors are in the distributor

1. take the 2 blue wires out of the connector for the distributor. 2. solder wire to the blue wires to extend them. 3. insert the pins of the wires you have extended into the connector for the cylinder position sensor. 4. plug in.

Back