ZC TPS sensors. (yay)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

The one weakness of my new ZC motor was the TPS sensor. First of all, is the integra the only motor I can get a new one from? and second, is it bolted in like the ZC or riveted like the HF motor? I have it unplugged at the moment. That makes it work better than having the TPS plugged in, but I'm losing some mpg because of it.

Thanks ahead of time.

the TPS for the DOHC ZC, SOHC ZC, 88-89 Integra and 88-91 CRX/Civic Si & HF are all the same - they are all held on by 2 screws - they may look like rivets, but they are screws - to get them out, you need to take a dremel and cut a small slot across the head so that you can use a screwdriver to loosen them - much easier to just get another entire throttle body from 88-91 CRX/Civic Si, 88-89 Integra or 90-91 Civic EX - if your TPS has bolts in it, someone must have already messed with it

Good luck is right, Civic parts don't last long around here. Integra parts are even worse.

Looking at the options, are any of the domestic throttle bodies the same size as the ZC? (im guessing the integra one is) or bigger? Obviously, I dont want to go smaller. Or just pull the TB and then take the tps off later?

OBD0 DOHC ZC engines have the exact same throttle body as the 88-91 CRX/Civic Si and 90-91 Civic EX - the 88-89 Integra D16A1 throttle body is also identical - no other throttle bodies will bolt on to the OBD0 intake manifold

MUST BE OBD0 and civics are everywhere in the midwest do u need a TB i can find one. EMAIL ME!;)

Back