zc transmission with b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

x1xblinkx3x

alright this is frustrating me...right now i have a zc dohc engine and i got a rod knocking so im looking at new motors...i was lookin at a ls theres one for sale at a junkyard near me with the trans for 1200 seems kinda pricy...then i was on some websites looking at b16's and basically i dont know if i need the whole swap or just the engine i have a l3 transmission...im in a 91 hatch si im pretty sure its obd0 and i just dont know what to do...any help would be greatly appreciated

alright well that sucks now do i need the ecu and harness and stuff or will that match up?

Well you'll definitely need an appropriate ECU. The B16 has VTEC, the ZC doesn't. As for the harness, I'm not sure. Getting an OBD0 B16 will be your best bet as far as stuff lining up, but you'll probably need to lengthen or shorten some wires here and there, definitely add the VTEC wiring, etc. Check with Rywire (Rywire - Online Store). They can make you a custom harness to suit your needs...

Back