zc transmisson axle question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noserviceinecho

I have a doch zc with zc tranny in my 91 SI. I had order axles a long time ago used off of ebay. they were for a 90-93 integra. they worked fine. well not too long ago i replaced the the right side axle i called up advanced ,and ordered a 90-93 integra right side axle with abs. because the axles i had gotten a long time ago had the abs gear on them . i put the axle in and had no problems with it. Now two weeks ago i heard a good clicking noise coming from the left side figured it was the cv , drove the car to my dad's two hours away. tore down the hub knuckle, took the axle out . went to advance bought another axle 90-93 integra left side axle with abs. brought the axle home threw it into the halfshaft put the other end thru the wheel bearing ,put the knuckle back together and started to tighten the axle nut. all was well, intill i tryed to spin the wheel. no movement so i was trying to think what might be wrong. i had all ready removed the rubber dust ring. so i tore the entire thing back apart and compared axles. both axles have an abs ring gear on them but the new axle isn't tappered the same at the end.when i began to tighten it down i can actutally watch it pull the axle into the knuckle the axle is hitting the hub before it makes it too the wheel bearing . the old axle had an offset ring which touched the wheel bearing but not the hub. this one has the same ring, but the ring isn't as long. So my question is this , i sheared that axle tonight in the snow. and had to push my car about 500 feet to a parking lot. im at school right now and don't have access to tools. so im going to get one shot to change the axle at a friends shop and i wanna make sure i have the correct axle. do you need with or without abs axle for the 91 si hub.
please someone answer me. its my only ride to school and work. and im 2 hours from home.

passenger side axle is 90 and up Integra without ABS with dust ring removed - i would also remove the metal dust ring from the back side of the knuckle

Attachments

• axleinstall.jpg
    axleinstall.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 854
Back