zc valves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89 hatch

does anyone know if you can use d16 valves in a zc engine

So are you talking about swapping D16A1 valves into a DOHC ZC?

I have an 89 dx with a dohc zc and I just bought an 89 si that some guy had and was going to pull the motor apart and keep the rods and pistons but I was wondering if I should keep the valves too but I dont know if theyll fit

ok lets try this again I have a d16a6 engine that was not running (reason unknown) and was going to keep the rods and pistons cuz I know that they fit my dohc zc but Im not sure if the valves from the d16 fit the zc.

the awnser to your question is no, end of thread.

Well, considering that P29 (DOHC ZC) pistons give an A6 an 11:1 compression ratio, I'm going to go ahead and say that PM6 (A6) pistons in a DOHC are going to give you ridiculously low compression.

so I should junk the hole motor

zc is a good motor thats what i have, but then again i prefer auto x and vtec is kinda useless in my opinion, build whatever motor that is going to benefit your driving style.

If that's what you want to do with it. What's wrong with your ZC that made you want to put these internals into it?

nothings wrong with the zc but I thought i might as well save what I could reuse if something broke

well the guy I got it from had the hood and valve cover off for about a year and I live in florida so it was full of water so it really is a waste of time I guess

So? the shortblock should be good. And the head casting is Aluminum, so I'm sure it could be saved. New valvetrain/hot tank the head and you're good to roll.

I have a d15b8 that im putting in the si body and I was thinking of rebuilding the a6 head to put on that block. I know why not keep the a6 its bigger but the a6 has 200000 miles on it and the b8 has 60000 and for some reason I like to beat 2.0 and 1.8 with 1.5 and 1.6

I think the b8 has an 8 valve head but the one I have I got in my dx when I bought it and it has a 16 valve head on it already 90 si to be exact. also it was running great when I pulled it out so I dont see a reason to waste it and now I have an si tranny to go with it so with a good cam and valve jod ill have a decent single cam

Back