zc-vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

i swapped a z6 head onto my sohc zc an i now need to know the best way to control the vtec? any suggestions?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Dec 1 2004, 08:59 PM
or any RPM switch, or your shiftlight, or to a switch

LOL
[post=424853]Quoted post[/post]​

But fuel must be compensated for when vtec kicks in best way pwo or pr3.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Dec 2 2004, 06:51 PM
buy the proper ecu for the head, and get a conversion harness from vtecfrog.com
[post=425260]Quoted post[/post]​

In other words the P28 with conversion harness man that will end up being very expensive. That a high price for not that much power. LOL

Originally posted by Blanco+Dec 3 2004, 01:25 PM-->
Originally posted by darien234@Dec 3 2004, 09:24 AM
ef9civicgen4
@Dec 2 2004, 06:51 PM
buy the proper ecu for the head, and get a conversion harness from vtecfrog.com
[post=425260]Quoted post[/post]​

In other words the P28 with conversion harness man that will end up being very expensive. That a high price for not that much power. LOL
[post=425723]Quoted post[/post]​

But it will run the motor correctly. At the very least, chip the stock ECU with a P28 base map. And that motor can still be built up quite a bit.
[post=425844]Quoted post[/post]​

And a fuel pressure regulator, and you will have to run a little rich you will be definately at idle. Because once again if fuel is not compensated for you will most likely blow a piston when vtec kicks in you are going to have to be pushing it real hard but I seen it happen or a weird case of detonation. I know everyone have seen some one with an ecu chipped or a vtec controller set for vtec to kick in early. Notice how the car begins to burn more fuel so if there is not enough fuel to burn especially on your way up to high rpm. what do you think is going to happen. My point exactly.

Ok let me tell you what the car has already as far as mods go. I got an ls ecu, msd ignition, header, hi flow cat and exhaust. and a b&m fuel pressure regulator and gauge.
Right now i am engaging vtec through a switch and i got the fuel pressure boosted to compensate for the vtec. I just want something i can set and ride. Not something you got to be a rocket scientist to tune. Or something i got to buy all these harnesses to make fit.

Originally posted by cavrx@Dec 3 2004, 04:34 PM
Ok let me tell you what the car has already as far as mods go. I got an ls ecu, msd ignition, header, hi flow cat and exhaust. and a b&m fuel pressure regulator and gauge.
Right now i am engaging vtec through a switch and i got the fuel pressure boosted to compensate for the vtec. I just want something i can set and ride. Not something you got to be a rocket scientist to tune. Or something i got to buy all these harnesses to make fit.
[post=425936]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly, So get yourself a OBD O ecu the PWO or PR3 the VTEC pinnout is already right here on honda swap. If you can't find one pm me I know a place that sales them 125$-150$

if i use one of those ecu's wont the cel come on since i dont have a knock sensor?

Originally posted by cavrx@Dec 5 2004, 07:45 PM
if i use one of those ecu's wont the cel come on since i dont have a knock sensor?
[post=426664]Quoted post[/post]​

you can add one real easily... but either way, when you get that pr3,pwo,,, you still gotta run your vtec soleniod, oil pressure, "knock", and the second o2(just bridge off of the one you have).. the knock sensor can be removed through someone that knows how to chip it.. theres an option to remove it... but ususally,like my b20,, there is a spot on the back othe the block where it supposed to go... might have to tap it.. or you could just ground the signal wire and the light wont come on... either way you gotta run them extra wires...aslo.. you may have to swap around the CYP AND CKP signals.. not hard at all just takes some time.. youll feel good when you did it all.. vtec work w/o a switch... lol.. and no check engine light... good luck..

Back