ZC Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDT

Ok heres the deal i am not thinking if valves in my ZC head are bad im gonna get a Vtec head. I have been reading but i know alot of what im geting is not needed seeing as how i already have the mulit port swap, Will that intake manifold fit on a D series Vtec head along with the header i have for this ZC head? Can some one point me to an atricle that only really gos over what im gonna need to know seeingas how i have An si model 91 hatch along with a ZC swap. I was geting to much conflicting information.

if you have a dohc zc, then this will not work. if it is a single cam, the intake mani that comes with the vtec head is your best choice, even though the single cam im are interchangeable. the y8 and z6 im flow the best out of the d-series. your sohc header will work also on any sohc D head.

Originally posted by ryan89crx@Dec 10 2004, 08:34 PM
if you have a dohc zc, then this will not work. if it is a single cam, the intake mani that comes with the vtec head is your best choice, even though the single cam im are interchangeable. the y8 and z6 im flow the best out of the d-series. your sohc header will work also on any sohc D head.
[post=430260]Quoted post[/post]​

All ZCs as far as I know are DOHC non vtec engines.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 11 2004, 06:08 AM
Not all ZCs are DOHC.
[post=430414]Quoted post[/post]​

Seems hard to believe this guys had a post count that high yet has never come accross enough information to know that.....

Not talking shit just seems a lil shocking.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 11 2004, 02:38 AM-->
ryan89crx
@Dec 10 2004, 08:34 PM

[post=430393]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. You must have missed a lot of my posts huh?

The D engines are mostly SOHC. If your have a zc you can get it in DOHC and i even think a the heads on the later ex have a DOHC head thats on a D series! Least i think so

Originally posted by UDT+Dec 11 2004, 04:15 PM-->
@Dec 11 2004, 06:08 AM
Not all ZCs are DOHC.

Seems hard to believe this guys had a post count that high yet has never come accross enough information to know that.....

[post=430425]Quoted post[/post]​

Care to explain your comment?

Originally posted by drpenguin+Dec 11 2004, 11:48 AM-->
The D engines are mostly SOHC. If your have a zc you can get it in DOHC and i even think a the heads on the later ex have a DOHC head thats on a D series! Least i think so
[post=430459]Quoted post[/post]​

Only the ZC and the D16A came in DOHC configurations. None of the Civics in the US market ever came with DOHC engines- only Integras from before 1990 had them. The USDM EX came with a SOHC D16A6 from 88-91, D16Z6 from 92-95, and D16Y8 in 96-00. There was no EX before 1990.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 11 2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by UDT@Dec 11 2004, 04:15 PM
Not all ZCs are DOHC.

[post=430500]Quoted post[/post]​

I think he was talking about revolution8k:

revolution8k
@Dec 11 2004, 02:38 AM

Yeah, there are definitely 3 different major types of ZC.

Originally posted by Calesta+Dec 11 2004, 10:27 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 11 2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by UDT@Dec 11 2004, 04:15 PM
Not all ZCs are DOHC.

[post=430500]Quoted post[/post]​

I think he was talking about revolution8k:

revolution8k
@Dec 11 2004, 02:38 AM

[post=430518]Quoted post[/post]​

Ahhh, ok :)

Originally posted by UDT+Dec 11 2004, 10:15 AM-->
Not all ZCs are DOHC.

since when does post count denote extreme all knowing-ness? I just go by what I read from B's little spread sheet which seems to be extremely inaccurate. That's why I said "as far as I know", unlike Cal I don't know everything... and I've never claimed to.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 11 2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 11 2004, 02:38 AM
ryan89crx

[post=430446]Quoted post[/post]​

Because of peoples attitudes, I don't come on this site very much anymore. Too much sarcasm accompanied by a high and mighty attitude from certain members that sit on the computer all day eating freetos looking up all the Honda information. Shit I don't have a life but I still don't sit here all day putting someone down on the internet to make myself feel good.

scince you will be getting an extra intake and head por them then get a cam and slap it on and your set. the doch head flows really good but no vtec so turbo it for the same money and be way ahead of the game (sorry about the typing buti'm really drunk)

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 12 2004, 03:42 AM-->
since when does post count denote extreme all knowing-ness? I just go by what I read from B's little spread sheet which seems to be extremely inaccurate. That's why I said "as far as I know", unlike Cal I don't know everything... and I've never claimed to.
[post=430764]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell, I don't know anything- I've got a ton to learn too.

revolution8k
@Dec 12 2004, 03:42 AM
Because of peoples attitudes, I don't come on this site very much anymore. Too much sarcasm accompanied by a high and mighty attitude from certain members that sit on the computer all day eating freetos looking up all the Honda information. Shit I don't have a life but I still don't sit here all day putting someone down on the internet to make myself feel good.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuse me if I made one comment about your not knowing something about the ZCs. You really must not have read many of MY posts because I DO talk a lot about the ZC engines, and there's a TON of information about them on the site. It's not an attitude thing, and anyway- I rarely ever make comments like these. If you can't handle the one comment that I make like- every 6 months- then maybe you shouldn't be online at all. I don't ever put people down on the internet unless they start attacking me- and I sure as hell don't sit in front of the computer all day eating Fritos.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 12 2004, 02:42 AM-->
Originally posted by UDT@Dec 11 2004, 10:15 AM
Not all ZCs are DOHC.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 11 2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 11 2004, 02:38 AM
ryan89crx

[post=430446]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt mean it like that at all it got way out of hand, its just that for any one who hangs around this place long enough to collect a count that high i would have thought you might have known that for sure by now. only because by about my 500th post i was a honda guru when compared to most that dont come on these sites. I was not trying to offend you at all. Hell i like your posts alot of the time revolution.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back