ZC with Vtec head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ExoticRides

Ive seen the 1.6 DOHC ZC non-vtec engine put into a civic. However he took the ZC block and put a jdm 1.6 SOHC Vtec head onto it and it ran great. I was just wondering how hard the swap would be, and which ECU i should use, i know it has to be a Vtec ECU. Thanks

I did not know that there was such thing as a SOHC ZC. I have a b18a1 for my crx but im not sure what to do because at the moment I am trying to piece together the swap, but i eventually want to be in the 200whp range, I have a freshly rebuild ford probe turbo, but i need someone to make me a manifold or sell me one. Thanks

yeah i thought there were no single cammer zc's but i had a friend with a zc block and a plain ass sohc non vtec head..... i though he got TOOK, but it was legit number wise

ZC with a SOHC VTEC

I j[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']ust finished putting on a SOHC VTEC on a ZC block and it runs fine with the carburetors the ZC engine came with. I removed the oil restrictor in the block to get more oil to the VTEC head and the motor runs perfectly. I activate the VTEC solenoid with a shift light. This is in a CRX[/FONT]

there are also SOHC ZCs with VTEC - same engine as D16Z6

Attachments

• SOHC ZC.jpg
    SOHC ZC.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 10,206
  • SOHC ZC #.jpg
    SOHC ZC #.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5,504
It was a complete SOHC black top ZC engine with a three speed automatic transmission plus carbs. I changed to 5 speed Quaife LSD and hydralic clutch.

Back