1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZC with Vtec head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ExoticRides, May 27, 2007.

1. ExoticRides

ExoticRides New Member

Ive seen the 1.6 DOHC ZC non-vtec engine put into a civic. However he took the ZC block and put a jdm 1.6 SOHC Vtec head onto it and it ran great. I was just wondering how hard the swap would be, and which ECU i should use, i know it has to be a Vtec ECU. Thanks

2. ExoticRides

ExoticRides New Member

I did not know that there was such thing as a SOHC ZC. I have a b18a1 for my crx but im not sure what to do because at the moment I am trying to piece together the swap, but i eventually want to be in the 200whp range, I have a freshly rebuild ford probe turbo, but i need someone to make me a manifold or sell me one. Thanks

3. EvoTec1

EvoTec1 Member

yeah i thought there were no single cammer zc's but i had a friend with a zc block and a plain ass sohc non vtec head..... i though he got TOOK, but it was legit number wise

4. Topgun357

Topgun357 Junior Member

ZC with a SOHC VTEC

I j[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']ust finished putting on a SOHC VTEC on a ZC block and it runs fine with the carburetors the ZC engine came with. I removed the oil restrictor in the block to get more oil to the VTEC head and the motor runs perfectly. I activate the VTEC solenoid with a shift light. This is in a CRX[/FONT]

5. Topgun357

Topgun357 Junior Member

It is stamped ZC on the block. BTW what is 'Teg D16?

6. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

there are also SOHC ZCs with VTEC - same engine as D16Z6

Attached Files:

7. Topgun357

Topgun357 Junior Member

It was a complete SOHC black top ZC engine with a three speed automatic transmission plus carbs. I changed to 5 speed Quaife LSD and hydralic clutch.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted