ZC woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok heres the deal, we just slapped a SOHC zc in my buddies 9g hatch. Its all in wired and running but like shit. Itso n a pg7 i think now. The car wont run on the fireing oder thats in the book, do ZC's have a different order then the D series si?

It runs on some misc oder but shity. Theres spark and all the cyclnders are fireing. Im thinking maybe a skipped cam tooth? It back fires from the intake a lil witch means left open intake valves so explains it explains lil but with the shit firing rder porblems i cant be sure, also it way under power and stumbles along with crapping out when you stomp on it fast. I didnt wire the engine because i was no there to do so. Is there anything when preforming the ZC swap along with MPFI that would make the car act like this?

What should i look for first? My main thing is geting the fireing order right, if the book is worng then whats the correct way?

The cars has codes 4 10 and 14 Though i just hhope his dumb ass read them correctly.

Ps. were having garage mechanic wars over here, please let me know what i can do to help give you guys a better idea of what the problem is so you can help me fix this. If i do im the man. LOL im in like compatition with are other local buddie for garage work. :p

ok, im assuming you meant 90, not 9g. was the car dpfi to begin with? if so, did you get a resistor box and everything else you need wored correctly? the sohc non-vtec zc is the same motor as the si(d16a6) just with a little better cam, and its only better on the exhaust side, so no big deal. everything else is exactly the same as the si. so a helms or whatever manual you prefer for the si hatch is what you will need.
doublecheck ebeverything, timing, wires on dizzy, mpfi wiring. make sure it isnt as obvious mistake.
i am running the sohc non vtec zc with si trans in my '89 crx with the pg7 ecu also and it runs great. good power and no sputtering issues

also the codes you are throwing are
4 - crank angle
10 - Intake air temp
14 - Electronic air control

hope this helps

Yeah how can i truble shot the codes never really had to dea lwit hany of these sensors befor. And yes the resistor box and all thats wired up.

i didnt think that the single cams had a crank sensor. i thought it was on the dohc zc motors, maybe i was wrong. as for the intake temp, i wouldnt think that code would be thrown until you are at normal operating temp. and the electronic air control. thats probably you eacv is bad. ive never really had any issues with these codes either so i cant really give you any advice on them

I gots da Vtec yo.

I got my Geezer, plus my hatchys geting a b16 or maybe ls. probably B16 though.

Back