zc?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90siTuner

i know what a zc is red valve cover ,brown valve cover this i know but is the motor in the usdm 88-89 teg a zc or just very similar and would i be able to bolt in it and wire it like a zc ?

The 88-89 teg has a d16a1. It is very similar to the zc, I belive the differances are lower compression and milder cams. I'm not sure but I think you need a slightly newer one for it to bolt in. I can't remember which years go into which chassis but someone here should be able to answer that better then I can.

d16a1 comes in the 86-89 teg...it will wire to your si harness and use your stock mounts...d16a1 is considered the zc...if you look on your block, it will be stamped ZC...there werent be any d##a# stamping...just consider it dohc zc or d16a1...you can use most of your stock si parts...mounts, harness, injectors and a few other things that i cant think of now

no the zc is not the d16a1... the mounts are different... just ante up and get the real deal from japan... oh and you need a std or dx harness to make the swap as easy as possible...

and alas your answers were only clicks away... from swap articles...

The "blacktop" ZC that was in the 88ish Integras actually has ZC stamped on the block. It is easily distinguishable from the CRX ZC of the same years because the valve cover bolts are closer in towards the spark plug wires like a USDM 86-89 Integra motor (which I also noticed you made some typo there about it being a D16A8 or D16A9, the USDM one used the engine code D16A1 for those years (even though there were pretty big changes between 87 and 88).
The D16A8 and D16A9 were used in CRXs in other countries

These two engines are not interchangeable with one another and have different engine mounts. The Integra’s driver’s side mount is located near the front of the engine while the JDM ZC’s engine mount is closer to the timing belt cover. It is also worth noting that the valve covers and intake manifolds are also slightly different.

Originally posted by mikesphat@Jul 27 2004, 03:34 PM
no the zc is not the d16a1... the mounts are different... just ante up and get the real deal from japan... oh and you need a std or dx harness to make the swap as easy as possible...

i do believe the d16a1 is the ZC...d16a1 is dohc non-vtec 130hp correct? well thats what ive got, because on my block, ive got ZC stamped...no d-stamp is there...there is a d16z and also the zc which is the dohc zc...brown valve cover or black...ive never seen a red one from the factory

ive scoured the net looking for a pic of the a1 in the engine bay... the mount is different... if you have zc stamped on your block that is a different story...

i am not lookin to actually put one in its for my friends car (its the same as mine) i have an ls. and i thought the valve cover was a reddish brown thats what i had meant some people i know say red some so brown but alas i guess i was wrong so thanks for your help and i'll be sure to tell him to get the real deal thanks

was the person who told you this trying to sell you this "zc"?

i wont deny they are similar... but they defiantely ae not the same

no...the car had the dohc zc in it when i purchased...i didnt research the motor until after i got into the car...my block has ZC stamped on it, so whatever the difference between the ZC and d16a1 is, doesnt matter

Back