zex dry kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

im about buy the zex dry kit. should i get fpr i've been researching nitrous for along time now and it never said anything about buying a fpr. i know i need step colder plugs. just need some help with set up i wanna run 65 dry shot. i got 91 crx si with 91 ls in it. the zex website doesnt say anything about fpr.

Its best that you do get an FPR to increase fuel pressure when your car reads a lean condition (which it will when you add nitrous).

The cost of a wet system is actually cheaper and more effective (meaning you get the right AFR) than the dry. When you factor in the cost of the FPR or bigger injectors, its a no brainer to get a wet system.

all these honda websites, all the nitrous forums. they all say for 75 and lower keep it dry. but alot of people around my local tune shop say wet too. i need some help very :blink: about this.

nos sites?
okay ask them to name a benifit of a dry kit? none

they said wet kits should only be used in direct port. this was on sohchonda i mean i just need some help i dont wanna blow motor put i wanna use it. u say wet . if i get the wet what should by for it step colder plugs,fuel pump. anything else?

Single Fogger Kits- A single fogger kit has one fogger nozzle mounted on the intake tube (Also 6in. from the TB). However, both fuel and nitrous are sprayed through this nozzle. This kit has a fuel solenoid and a nitrous solenoid, where the dry kit has just a nitrous solenoid. The idea behind this kit, is that spraying fuel with the nitrous will fix the lean condition that plagues dry kits that are jetted above a 75 shot. The problem with this is that fuel is heavier than nitrous and therefore it won't be able to make the turn to the first cylinder after the TB as well as the nitrous does. Honda intake manifolds are biased towards certain cylinders, which will still give uneven nitrous and fuel distribution when usinf a single fogger kit. Some people swear by these kits, but personally I'd rather plumb in a direct port kit for anything higher than a 75 shot.

you are definitely right, and i sell all 3 kits. DPI is the BEST way to go PERIOD. The problem with dry kits is even with a FPR and a new fuel pump you can still end up in a lean condition, and the problem with a wet ket is nozel position so you dont end up with a little pool of gas in the intake.

The pool in the intake is a WORST case senario and i have never personally heard or seen it happen, but i hear people on boards talking about it. DPI is without a doubt the best way to go, but it is a little bit on the expensive side (but an ounce of prevention is worth a lb of cure).

The guys at the shop are out of town this week for the PRI show, but they will be back on monday.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63773

i have the zex dry kit.I use the 75 shot with the factory FPR and pump and have had no problems with it. :mrgreen:

okay how many times have you used your 75hp dry shot? how are you rings doing? do you know? How long will your motor last?
My motors are built to last as long as possible so if that means spending 50$ for the longer life a simple wet kit offers than I will go with that. Dry kits are shit.

I have been through around 3 full bottles. my car doesn't smoke it runs fine, i only use it when needed. the kit was easy to install. I didn't say that it was better than a wet i just said that i had the zex dry kit and i liked it. :)

Wet all the way. im using a NXL system. if you have time go check this bad boy out on the nitrous express website. wet is easier, safer, cheaper depending on how you do it. i was running mine on my b16 bone stock and it ran hard. i have since put in bigger injectors and all that other stuff but a wet system is gonna save you alot of head ach and motor tearing apart. With a dry system if your fuel pump, injectors or what ever has the slightest laps your gonna run lean and kabamm. with a wet system the nitrous in the tank is sitting at 900-1000psi. when it flys through those lines and the "fogger" and hits the fuel it is in theroy perfect A/F ratio. people get dry kits cause they think its cheaper. but if you actually do the digging its cheaper to run a wet system safer then it is to get a dry system running safe. you could take a wet system and hook it up and be pretty much safe. your always going ot want to do the extra upgrades of course but if your running bone stock or close to it wet all the way.

Or DPI if you are willing to do the extra work and spend the extra cash.

We didnt sign NX for this year, but they have a really cool DPI system that bolts right on to your fuel rail rather than taking off your intake manifold.

yeah the NXL system. thats what i have. its a cheater DP system where you put these things under your injectors and slap on a new fuel rail. when i pop my hood at night everyone asks me if its a high flow rail. I just tell them "hell yeah its a high flow rail"

hell yeah...FLOWS INSANE AMMOUNTS OF O2

Back