1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zex Nitrous Kit

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Yurik, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Yurik

Yurik New Member

i have come upon a great deal on a zex nitrous setup, with a 10lb bottle, and purge, and all the needed hardware, it is a dry system with a 75hp jet, and was just curious as to how much this will affect the longjevity of the motor, and exactly what i would need to do to prepair my car for the setup, and maybe just a little bit of general information about why its good and why its bad, besides the really basic things that most everyone knows, also wether nitrous is a good or bad idea, thanks!

(wasnt sure which forum to post this in, so any moderator who knows, just delete my other one, thanks and sorry)

also my motor is a JDM B16A, and i am turboing in april

also id like to probably jet down to a 50 jet, 75 is probably too much imo

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. VeeTeK94ex

VeeTeK94ex Banned

yeah it depends. I would go with a fogger system since it is hidden and you can kill cars that would take 1 look at your car and laugh.

3. Yurik

Yurik New Member

well i dont really have a choice, its a dry setup, only reason i considered nitrous was just because of the fact i can get ahold of it so cheap, only problem im thinking is the fact ive got a stock motor :(

4. 97hatch

97hatch ?

it will be fine ive run lots of nitrous on stock motors. i ran 30+ bottles on a d16y7 and it was a 75hp shot. If you set it up correctly check the timing and run premiunm fuel you will be fine. A improper nitrous instal is no diffrent than a turbo kit that is instaled with no tuning they will both blow up. Im so tired of hearing the OMG nitrous will blow up your motor bs thats why i was spraying 150 on a stock b20b for a long time tilli sold the block.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

6. Yurik

Yurik New Member

well i always run premium gas, only problem is i dont have directions with my nos setup, i know how to hook it up, but does it need to be tuned or adjust my timing in any way or nething, or just leave it how it is and run it?

7. 97hatch

97hatch ?

WTF are you stupid i said that you are fine runing nitrous on a stock motor a and i dont need to go in to details and about tuning and you dont need biger injectors it adds fuel by raising the fuel pressure like a FMU yes you should probaly start runing a colder plug ig you start spraying more than 75 or so but that is not this guys goal

\
    IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE I SAID THAT IT NEEDS SETUP PROPERLY OR YOU ARE DESTIN FOR TROUBLE

have you ever even ran it first hand or are you just speeking from your ass

:blah:

8. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

oh shit here we go:rolleyes:

dude your fine if you hook it properly. look up online. I do know its mandatory you use colder plugs and adjust the timing 2degs i believe. Thats just when yout gonna run the nitrous. You dont need a bigger fuel pump,injectors or fuel rail. though a FPR would help alot. All these items will help if you do decide to go bigger with the shot or anything for that matter but are not needed for a 75 shot.

MAKE SURE you have a line that taps in to the fuel line to richen up the motor when you activate it. How cheap ar you hetting it? All my friends have sold their NOS setups for about 150-175 with a 14pd bottle.

HAVE A PRO INSTALLER HOOK IT FOR YOU!!!! AND SHOW YOU HOW TO WORK IT.!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  9. Yurik

Yurik New Member

ya i got it for $190 and its the smart system

10. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

good find. def. let a pro install it though.

11. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

For a 55 shot, run 16 degrees BTDC.
    For a 65 shot, run 14 degrees BTDC.
    For a 75 shot, run 12 degrees BTDC.
    Use a colder plug, run 93 octane, make sure you have proper fuel pressure, and don't hit your rev limiter while spraying.
    Do all of that and don't worry about it. Have fun.
    Nitrous is safe on an engine in good condition. Period.

1 person likes this.
  12. Yurik

Yurik New Member

ya thats true, thanks a ton man!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted