Zimmerman - NOT Guilty.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens all the time.

he will be forgotten in 3 years.

do you even remember the name of the colordo theatre shooter?

Uh yeah. James Holmes. It's probably because I have the same first name, though.

Apparently the DOJ is trying to file charges against him for this now.

Justice Department To Review Zimmerman Case | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | National News

Isn't that double jeopardy? How can you be acquitted on the state level then be tried for the same thing at the federal level?
He was acquitted of criminal charges but can still be charged through a civil case with the federal court. Kind of like what happened with OJ.

Last edited:
From what i understand/heard on the radio:
The feds can try to bring action against him for a civil rights violation or some other federal law, but it would indeed be border line double jeopardy and it would be harder to prove than Murder2.

The family can try to bring action against him in a civil trial that has a lower burder of proof, not the beyond a reasonable doubt, but the defense will likely get that case dismissed under the stand your ground law and it will never go to trial.

I am absolutely shocked at the lack of severe rioting... I thought this was going to kick start a war.
I heard there were protests and some rioting in Oakland, but its oakland so no one is really surprised.

half of La's freeways were closed today due to people in the streets.

of course, none of them had to go to work in the first place.............

Double Jeopardy is when you're tried for the same crime by the SAME COURT twice. That's what's not allowed. The feds can do whatever they want unfortunately...

Double Jeopardy is when you're tried for the same crime by the SAME COURT twice. That's what's not allowed. The feds can do whatever they want unfortunately...

Inaccurate.

Technically it's the same COUNT, twice. Where the trial takes place isn't of significance. You can be tried at a lower level court, have it kicked all the way up to the supreme court, and back down. As long as it's all the same count and its a continuation, there isn't an issue. They just can't bounce you from courthouse to courthouse and try you for the same crime.

Whoever said above that the reason they'd charge him civilly is based on the burden of proof being lowered from "beyond a reasonable doubt" to a "preponderance of evidence".

I.e., criminally, there's no other reasonable explanation than the person committed to the crime.
-This is how OJ got off. "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit." It gave the jury a loop hole to say, well it's possible that, that glove was someone other than OJ's because it didn't fit his hand when he tried it on in court.

I.e., civilly, there's greater probability than not, that the person committed the crime/act.

This is a non official reference but you get the idea in it shows the basic explanations between criminal and civil.
Differences between Civil and Criminal Law

I'm not a lawyer, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once. I've also seen Suits and Law and Order before.

I believe for the DOJ to get anything out of this, they need to prove that it was racially fueled.

If they can prove this was a hate crime without a doubt, they can get him for something.

1. With regard to a civil case for damages: The DOJ has to try it, because there's a civil immunity in Florida in regards to Self Defense.

2. I automatically assume that if I get into a fist fight with someone in a Shall Issue state, I'm going to get shot.

3. The only racial motivation in this case was that of the media.

4. How many of you are neighborhood watch volunteers? I am. He was doing what he was taught to do. Following someone who didn't belong in the GATED COMMUNITY.

5. 911 Operators in Florida are not deputized. GZ did not have to obey the operator, they were just another citizen.

6. A 6-foot tall, 190 lb 17 year old isn't a "child." Had he been arrested for B&E, he would have been tried as an adult.

7. If you weren't in the court room, and didn't get to hear every shred of evidence, I don't care what you think.

7. If you weren't in the court room, and didn't get to hear every shred of evidence, I don't care what you think.

This is only an issue because if the shooter was black, he would have been found guilty on everything and then some. :ph34r:

Please excuse my intentional ignorance on this subject.

Is there a TL;DR of what actually went down? Or at least to the court, the way this shit went down?

All I'm able to gather is the FB keyboard lawyers who I went to school with that dropped out. I do not trust their analysis of this story...

• volunteer neighborhood watch guy (zimmerman) spots an unrecognized person walking through the neighborhood (martin)
  • there have been a series of burglaries in the neighborhood (hence the watch)
  • zimmerman calls the police and starts following martin
  • police dispatch tells them they do not need him to follow
  • he follows anyway as he does not want them to get away before the cops show up
  • zimmerman loses sight of martin
  • starts walking back to his car
  • unclear what happens here
  • confrontation occurs
  • martin is on top of zimmerman punching him and bouncing his head off the concrete
  • zimmerman thinks martin is grabbing for his gun
  • zimmerman shoots martin
  • police arrive
  • do initial investigation
  • find no reason to arrest zimmerman
  • media gets hold of the story
  • insert race-baiting
  • shit storm brews
  • political pressure rises to make an arrest to appease the butt-hurt
  • zimmerman is arrested and charged with murder 2
  • trial occurs
  • prosecution's case is weak at best, with many of their witnesses testimony actually supporting the defenses case
  • day of closing arguments the judge decides to give the jury the option of finding zimmerman guilty of either murder 2 OR manslaughter, or not guilty
  • closing arguments made
  • case goes to jury
  • the next day the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict, finding that zimmerman did act in self defense
  • shit storm erupts on facebook and twitter with libs everywhere claiming the verdict was bullshit
  • couple protests / marches / small scale riot type bullshit pop up here and there in the typical libtard locations, chicago, oakland, nyc, etc... with the general libtard occupy types crying "injustice" and such (one of the very humorous bits for me being that they were marching in chicago over a justified homicide victim 1200 miles away in florida, while not giving a luke warm shit about the several hundred murdered right there in chicago in the time since martin was killed)
  • usual suspects of race-baiters start calling for civil rights violation charges and federal prosecution

and that pretty much gets you up to speed on the situation

anyone feel free to add or correct any points i may have missed or gotten wrong

Last edited:
Thanks E.

I like how people (on my FB) are conveniently leaving out the fact that Martin was beating the shit out of Zimmerman. I see comments like "so if my sons do what I've told them when confronted with strangers and run, they'll get shot? FUCK THAT". And I'm just thinking.. Ok, this ghetto ass broad from Vallejo might not have gotten this story straight..

lol

Thanks E.

I like how people (on my FB) are conveniently leaving out the fact that Martin was beating the shit out of Zimmerman. I see comments like "so if my sons do what I've told them when confronted with strangers and run, they'll get shot? FUCK THAT". And I'm just thinking.. Ok, this ghetto ass broad from Vallejo might not have gotten this story straight..

lol

Problem is, people are saying, there's no reason to murder someone for getting into a fist fight. Just because he got punched, there was no reason to shoot back... Because they were all there and knew that a few punches and smashing his head into the pavement was just a minor fight...

Someone argued that being in a fight doesn't make them fear their life, who can't take a few punches and live?

No one disagrees that Martin was hitting Zimmerman, it's just that they feel that he should not have "murdered" Martin for it.

the back of the head is banned from being hit in all sanctioned sports, and heck, even some underground fight clubs. For a reason. it doesn't take much to make it a lethal blow.
head + cement = life in danger, no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back