1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zmax Works Great

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by lsvtec hatch93, Jun 14, 2003.

1. lsvtec hatch93

lsvtec hatch93 Senior Member

i used zmax last week with my oil change. i might just be imagining things but it feels quicker and my turbo seems to spool a little faster. it also made my exhaust a little quieter. i just thought i would share that .

2. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

yeah I used it about 500 miles ago on my stock 99si, saw the infomertial and thought "what the hell". I know first hand that US military aircraft last almost forever (the B-52 won't be retired until it's 100th yr of service). If that in some small way can be credited to the lubricant used in ZMAX, then I wanted it in my car.

Bottom line.....

Nothing major, it's not going to bring Calesta's B20 back to life or anything. It could be comparable to a tune up, just makes stuff run smoother.

Hey man, how do I use the tranny ZMAX fluid? I've consulted my haynes and user manual but nothin was found :(

3. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

FTC

click on that link. That will explain ZMAX in full..........

4. chevy302dz

chevy302dz Senior Member

Don't waste your money, if you want your car to run better then just keep it tuned properly.

5. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

IF ANYONE HAS ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT ENGINE OIL ADDITIVES SUCH AS ZMAX, SLICK 50 AND WHAT NOT...

CLICK THIS LINK

<<edit>> sorry for the caps

6. XZILER8

XZILER8 Senior Member

I used to have a 1982 ford f150 that my grandpa bought new. He maintained that truck meticulously. It ran perfect!!! and looked even better. I bought it from him to use as a winter vehicle. The second week I had it, I decided to put in a bottle of ? (can't remember the name, but it was the one where in the infomercial they had mario andretti race a viper with no oil in it.....I think it started with a "P") Anyways, it was a highly publicized product, so I decided to put a bottle in. 2 days later I was driving to work and I blew the engine because the oil sending unit or something like that became blocked. I found it a little ironic that the truck ran perfectly for 16 years and as soon as I put an additive in the oil, it blew..........hmmmmmmmmmmmm? <_<

7. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

holy shit! :eek:

i did use it once, but didnt feel any difference,wish i had gotten my money back.

things that ive used which did make a noticeable difference: prolong, slick 50. i tried dura-lube a couple times but didnt feel any diference. the prolong had the biggest effect but it wore off quickly. i swear by slick 50. you wont feel a big difference right away, but will feel more power after about 100 miles or so. ive got 394,xxx miles on my D15 as proof that it really works!!

[​IMG]

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

umm tuning doesnt always make your car run better if your oil sux.

i think those additives help make the oil last longer, or something to that degree.

i dont think you really need those additives because regular oil changes should prevent damages and friction. but it wouldnt hurt to add a little more protection.

9. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Everything that oil needs to perform the best is already in the oil from the refinery.

10. XZILER8

XZILER8 Senior Member

Prolong

11. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Additives blow, period..........I didn't think that they caused more damage than was already done.

Milan

12. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

I used z-max in my 95 dx at 50,000 miles and it seemed fine....still does but last week z-max sent me a letter offering a full cash refund because they lost a case brought by the FTC for false advertising :lol: as I said I have had no problems and have 145,000 on my D but am stoked I get my cash back! 75$ got the stuff off the TV when it was new.

13. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I wish this happened more often when the robbers return all your shit,

Milan

14. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

yeah,I cant believe they actually mailed me,citibank at work I guess

15. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

That is from karnash's second link.

16. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned