Zx636

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol, I'll take Cali weather over Detroit any day :), but thanks for the offer.

Lol, I'll take Cali weather over Detroit any day :), but thanks for the offer.
I live in Georgia now, not quite cali, but close. only with a southern draw. What part of cali? I lived in Sandiego for a while. Met my wife there. Also lived in Phoenix too, man that was miserable. I like where im at now though.

Have you ever rode a R1? Try it, they are notas sluggish as people would have you think.
Didn't Kaw drop the 636 in 07?

Yes, they were cheating with extra 36 cc's to keep up with the Other 3.

I've never heard of anyone ever saying an R1 is sluggish, never ever ever.
Bottom line, a 600cc has easy, usable power up to 100mph, a 1000cc bike does not, you either pull the front up or spin the rear tire. you simply can't get on a 1000 like you can a 600, that is why 600s with the right riders are just as fast and in many cases can be faster due to not having to be so light on the throttle, last thing you want to do coming out of a turn is a nice high slide due to your rear tire breaking lose thanks to the massive extra torque

As far as the 636 cheating with the extra 36cc? I've never heard that either, even more so since you can't cheat due to the 636 never being placed in a 600 class, they were hoping to pick up new riders due to the bike making better everyday street power.

No doubt if I were to buy another bike it would be a 1000. Only reason I would want a 1000 is for better midrange power and not having to keep the rpms so high if I'm driving on the highway to work. Would it be faster then my CBR? in a stright line sure, but on the normal US roads, ha. I'm lucky to see 3rd gear. then again I love hitting nothing but backroads. small tight backroads.

2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg

Some of the new GP bikes for this year.

flap flap flap flap

What I meant by sluggish was the steering responce. People who had never ridden the zx9 used to tell me they were sluggish, and it just isnt true. It steered very light, Even better than my wifes FZR400. And the 636 cheating wasnt anything to do with the track. Cycle mag reviews. They didnt want to be last place in 1/4 mile runs.
And alot of what I am saying has to do with heavyer people Depending on your size a zx9 or R1 may overpower your weight. When I weighd 125 I would always take a lighter slower bike over a big one and beat em. But after a while I figured out I was an exceptional rider. Plus when I started working out and making big gains, the little bikes were not enough and I started getting to where I could keep more power on and controle the bike even when the rear tire was breaking loose. All the big GP riders have mastered this. Schwants was probably the best at it though. I have seen him pass people on the outside in a full power slide. The only down side to that style riding is you go down more often than the other racers, he still pulled off 6 first places in 89 with that semi out of controle style.
Some one like him would not be challenged by the 600 class bikes. If you were to race an R1 in the 600 class who do you think would win? the lighter bike or the one who can get from apex to apex the fastest and still be manouverable in the corners?

I've never heard of anyone ever saying an R1 is sluggish, never ever ever.
Bottom line, a 600cc has easy, usable power up to 100mph, a 1000cc bike does not, you either pull the front up or spin the rear tire. you simply can't get on a 1000 like you can a 600, that is why 600s with the right riders are just as fast and in many cases can be faster due to not having to be so light on the throttle, last thing you want to do coming out of a turn is a nice high slide due to your rear tire breaking lose thanks to the massive extra torque

As far as the 636 cheating with the extra 36cc? I've never heard that either, even more so since you can't cheat due to the 636 never being placed in a 600 class, they were hoping to pick up new riders due to the bike making better everyday street power.

No doubt if I were to buy another bike it would be a 1000. Only reason I would want a 1000 is for better midrange power and not having to keep the rpms so high if I'm driving on the highway to work. Would it be faster then my CBR? in a stright line sure, but on the normal US roads, ha. I'm lucky to see 3rd gear. then again I love hitting nothing but backroads. small tight backroads.

Also the 1000s do have good power under 100. You dont have to pull the front up or break the tire loose. I used to ride with a couple of guys who had a gsxr750 and an 03 zx 600 and I just simply pourd on 2/3 to 3/4 throttle and they were never able to loose me in the corners and on the straights I could flick by em both. One of them is doing quite well at racing. You don't have to open it up, but when you get up above 100 you have the other world too.
What bike do you have right now? And what bikes have you had? Do you ride often?
The weather here has been a little cold, 26 to 55 deg. I have not ridden in almost a week now. I hate cold wet weather.

R1 in the 600 class who do you think would win? the lighter bike or the one who can get from apex to apex the fastest and still be manouverable in the corners?

All depends on the size of a track.

Just like honda CRXs beating vipers in Auto X.

No doubt weight does play a bike roll in bike size, something I didnt speak out about, for someone under 180lbs (like myself) a 600 is more then enough under 100mph. No doubt a 600 over 100mph just loses its pull unlike the liter bikes.

If you're talking about the R1s not being sluggish in the flickable type handling, are you talking about the old R1s or the new ones? the new ones weigh less then my CBR600. I believe 375lbs dry.

Also the 1000s do have good power under 100. You dont have to pull the front up or break the tire loose. I used to ride with a couple of guys who had a gsxr750 and an 03 zx 600 and I just simply pourd on 2/3 to 3/4 throttle and they were never able to loose me in the corners and on the straights I could flick by em both.

No doubt bigger bikes are IMO about the same speed as the smaller 600s you just can't use the full power of the bikes. its like when I had my turbo civic, I could spin tires in 3rd gear. what good did that do me? 1st and 2nd great were nothing more then 1/4 throttle gears. I could ease into 2nd gear a bit more but if I did too much it would just spin.

mrfreez has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I guess B broke the internet again.

Back