zzr600

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
Not to throw dave into the shadows, but it looks like I'll be getting this one.

It's got 2569 miles on it as of friday. It's a 2008 model. The guy needs to pay off some debt or something, so he has to sell HIS BRAND FUCKING NEW BIKE for less than it's worth.

Hrm. Now I just have to rent a van to get the thing from him.

Attachments

• ZZR600.jpg
    ZZR600.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 514
  • ZZR600(2).jpg
    ZZR600(2).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,568
you will LOVE this design. it's my bike, sans the whimsy. But there is nothing like conquering the twisties at 12,000 rpm and still having about 4000 rpm left to go.

But with that, I should go back in context: I'm being sarcastic. Your bike is mostly MORE fun because it's forgiving, easier to ride in corners and overall easier to leave a standing stop.

the "Whimsy" I refer to on my bike is the ability to bend time and space.

haha. Nice.

I just checked on registration..... I get a full maryland license, but, since I turn 21 dec 17, my license will expire then. So I'd have to go back to the US and A and get it renewed. What a crock of shit.

I have to take a road test to convert a german license to MD, and pay $45 to convert it. THEN they want me to surrender it. That's bullshit.

UGH. Now I get to fly to MD twice in less than 6 months.

EDIT: That didn't make much sense. So: I'm going to maryland to convert my nebraska license. Then I take the BRC (basic riders course), because that's the only way I can get a license without having a bike in-country. Then I present the certificate to the DMV, and they add it to my MD license. I come back to germany, take the two-day military riding course, and then I get my military motorcycle license, then I the bike registered. Come december 17th, my stateside license expires, and I have to renew it sometime. My military one will be good until 2013, so I'm not too worried. BUT:

What no one seems to be able to tell me, is whether or not the provisional maryland license will allow me to ride a 600cc bike.

Last edited:
as far as i know they dont care what you start off on
at least i know they dont in CT

Correct, no size limitations in any US state. You can start off on a Rocket 3 if you want.

Cool. I just called the DMV again, and they said "A motorcycle is anything with more than 1.5 BHP and 125cc"

So I am pretty golden. Now I just have to wait until june before I ride this thing. Not cool. I will probably pick it up next weekend.

Oooo you get away up to 125ccs ? CT only allows 50ccs before you need a licence.

Well, It looks like I'll have a valid stateside license in nebraska in about a month or so. Then I use that to get the military license, and then I'm good until like 2019 or something.

Over here in germany, anything with a self-propelled motor, and goes on public roads needs a license. If it's offroad, it just has to have emissions paperwork (laughable, even Carbed non-catalytic converter engines get the pass).

The guy sold it. :(

Doug,
I had a guy call me on Thursday to see the bike. He came down earlier today and paid cash for it, so I no longer have it.
-Drew

And my loan just got approved. I guess I wait until I have the license.

Oh well, there are other machines out there. The ZZR6 is a nice bike, a pleasant tourer - But isn't the creme de la creme of 600s.

My buddy actually just bought the ZX6R, and I do have to say it's a gorgeous bike. The under-tail exhaust is definitely nice.

Kawasaki was generous with their 600cc line up. There is something for everyone. The wider body work and stance of the ZZR is my gig, but my friend's 01 ZX uses the same body work. When they divided the series the zx had the "less is more" approach with it's shape and body.

And your suzuki takes that to the extreme - There is enough there to protect the triples. Mine has enough forward cladding to protect from heat during re-entry.

Back