H22a 5th Gen Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey,
My friend wants to do an H22A swap into a his 95 EX Coupe 5speed Vtec, I told him I didn't know much about the H22A swap, but that I've only heard of steering or handling problems or something like that.... is it just torque steering like the kind you get from any other engine? or does it have to do with the ginormeous size of the H22A?

Could you guys list the problems that are seen with this swap... and what needs to be done to fix it? Its going to be a daily driver, and he wants to turbo it... he wants lots of power I guess... he's rich though so you can't blame him.

P.S. Dont try to talk him out of this swap, or tell him to get a different engine because he's set on this. Thanks!

I did, and thats where I came up with the steering problems.
Most of the posts are people asking what swap they should do, and most of the time people tell them to go with the b18c or a bseries over the h series, and dont say much other then "with the h22 you get steering problems... I recommend a b series engine"

ill search again though... please feel free to post something.
I went to www.h22acivic.com and read about the b series vs h series, and the myths about the h series and stuff... they said the steering problem caused do to the extra weight is fixed with integra springs, or stronger.. anyone know of any truth to that? anyone done this swap? thanks guys!

Hey I'm doing tha swap 2nite am I going to need any thing els? I got tha Motor ecu and tha wiring. I'm puting it in my 2000 civic ex

you have to get the oversteer kit and then get a alignment,thats what i did everything worked out good,do that and you'll be fine...

Back