tickets SUCK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
2 weeks ago i got pulled over in a friend of mine's car for not having a front license plate. Turns out he didnt have his insurance card with him and his car was 3 months out of inspection. Since I was driving, I got the ticket.

Hella gay.

I have to write a letter to the Judge, send the court a receipt showing that the car is now inspected, and send the court a copy of his insurance card in order to try and get the Judge to dismiss the ticket. He has insurance, and I've got a copy of the insurance card, so that part of the ticket is no problem.

Anyone have any idea what i should put in the letter to try and convince the Judge to drop the ticket? I have to have it sent out tomorrow, or I'll have to pay the WHOLE ticket, so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

<--wil

last december i got in an accident in my friends car. he had no insurance card and the car wasn't registered in over 2 years. go into court, don't send a letter if you don't have to. take the proof that you took care of it and it's not your car and you will be good to go.

Yeah, go to court you might get better results also, I think if you tell the judge you did not know, and that it was your buddies car, he should pay the fine. If pay the fine and then get the money back from your friend.

the town i got pulled over in is like 2 hours away.

here's what i wrote to the court:

October 20, 2003

Municipal Court
408 North Main
Rusk, Texas 75785-1332

Re: 10/11/03 Traffic Citation

Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is William Travis Kitchens. I am seventeen years old, and currently a freshman at Angelina College in Lufkin, Texas. I am writing this letter in compliance with the instructions given to me over the phone on October 14, 2003 by the Municipal Court. I have been informed that of two things could happen: either this letter could convince you to dismiss the citation, or the letter would be ineffective and I would have to pay the fine associated with the citation.

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, I traveled to Tyler with Josue Elizondo in his 1999 Honda Civic. Mr. Elizondo was tired from having worked the night before, so I agreed to drive his vehicle. At the time that I agreed to drive his vehicle, I was unaware that he did not have an updated insurance card, as well as that he had failed to have his car inspected on time. At 3:43 P.M. in Rusk, we were pulled over in Rusk by Officer Hughes for having no front license plate on the vehicle. I provided Officer Hughes with my valid Texas driver’s license (#19546096), along with what I thought was Mr. Elizondo’s current Proof-Of-Insurance card. Unfortunately, Mr. Elizondo’s insurance card was expired, as he had mistakenly left his current insurance card at his residence in Lufkin, Texas. Mr. Elizondo had also failed to have his vehicle inspected in July, as he is required by law to do. After consenting to a search of the vehicle, I was issued a citation for Expired Motor Vehicle Inspection and No Proof of Financial Responsibility.

Because the vehicle was not mine, these two factors were out of my control. I worked from November of 2002 until August of 2003 (when I started college) at a Law Firm in Groveton, Texas, and am fully aware of Texas’ traffic laws. My personal vehicle is kept in compliance with Texas law at all time. However, because I was driving the vehicle, I was issued the citation. To me, this seems unfair. Granted, I was driving, so I was responsible, but I had no idea that the violations that I was cited for were present. Had I known Mr. Elizondo was not in possession of his Proof of Insurance card, or that his vehicle was not inspected, I would have not consented to driving his vehicle.

At the scene of the traffic stop, I was informed by Officer Hughes that I could more than likely have the citation dismissed if I wrote a letter, showed Proof of Liability Insurance which would have been valid on the date of the traffic stop, got the vehicle inspected and provided you with a receipt from the inspection. During my October 14, 2003 telephone
9/20/03
Municipal Court
Page 2

conference with the Municipal Court, I was informed same by the Municipal Court. Pursuant to your request, I have enclosed a Texas Liability Insurance Card valid from 9/28/03 – 10/28/03, as well as a receipt from Texas Muffler in Lufkin, Texas for the inspection of the vehicle.

As I have done everything that I can in my power to comply with your requests/orders, I urge you to dismiss the citation against me. As stated above, the circumstances which led to the citation were out of my control. I await your response, so that I can get this matter taken care of as soon as possible.

Respectfully Yours,

William T. Kitchens

Letter sounds great to me, I would dismiss it. Good luck, if you don't get it dismissed, how much will the fine be?

Because the vehicle was not mine, these two factors were out of my control.

I don't think he'll like that. In your next statement you say you comply with texas laws, but isn't being uninsured on a vehicle that you're also not registered to drive, illegal? :unsure:

your friend should be paying the ticket. fuck it, no moving violation means no points on your license. :bash:

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 21 2003, 07:25 PM

Anyone have any idea what i should put in the letter to try and convince the Judge to drop the ticket

along with the letter, wrap up a shoebox with brown wrapping paper and tape some wires sticking out from the sides....insert an old school ticking alarm clock, and watch how fast he dismisses the ticket :lol:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Oct 22 2003, 10:36 AM-->
civicious
@Oct 21 2003, 07:25 PM

Anyone have any idea what i should put in the letter to try and convince the Judge to drop the ticket

along with the letter, wrap up a shoebox with brown wrapping paper and tape some wires sticking out from the sides....insert an old school ticking alarm clock, and watch how fast he dismisses the ticket :lol:

:lol: Sounds Like A Plan :lol:

Back