00 Civic Green plug in front of ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rossc96

:blink: Hello,

In the middle of doing a swap on my 2000 Honda Civic EX (came with the D16Y8) 5spd and I'm looking for a pinout on one of the plugs from the main engine harness....
When the harness comes through the firewall two of the plugs connect directly to the ECU, the other one, a green plug connects right in front of the ECU to the body harness. I'm looking for the pinout on that plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :worthy:

there are at least 3 plugs to the ecu - all honda ecus since 1992.

what are you swapping in? what are you trying to wire.

what ever you are trying to put in there- the easiest way is to retain the oem y8 harness. match the plugs on the motor side.
chances are the only think you will have to wire, if anything, is the knock sensor.

The wire he's talking about isn't an ECU plug. It connects the engine harness to the under-dash harness.

I have to ask, why do you need a pinout for that. You shouldn't be fucking with it. If you're trying to put an OBD2A (96-98) harness in, stop now, save yourself the trouble, and just buy the harness from the right year.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 10 2005, 05:26 AM
The wire he's talking about isn't an ECU plug. It connects the engine harness to the under-dash harness.

I have to ask, why do you need a pinout for that. You shouldn't be fucking with it. If you're trying to put an OBD2A (96-98) harness in, stop now, save yourself the trouble, and just buy the harness from the right year.
[post=458905]Quoted post[/post]​

Trying to merge an OBD 1 Harness with an OBD2b Harness.... trying to trace the wires back to make sure that we have it all hooked up properly, in order to do that I need the pinouts for that plug.... Anyone know????

Thanks

Dude, that's dumb and pointless. Why the fuck didn't you just use the harness in the car, or get another obd2B harness?

Civicious chill, he is asking a question looking for help. What motor are you trying to put into your car, and what year is that motor from? If you had the ability to get a picture of the plug you are taking about that would help a lot. Instead of hacking up two good harnesses sell one and use the money to buy an ecu conversion harness.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 10 2005, 02:15 PM
Civicious chill, he is asking a question looking for help. What motor are you trying to put into your car, and what year is that motor from? If you had the ability to get a picture of the plug you are taking about that would help a lot. Instead of hacking up two good harnesses sell one and use the money to buy an ecu conversion harness.
[post=458980]Quoted post[/post]​

Putting in a H22... have the OBD2B harness from the civic and the OBD 1 harness from the prelude... have the OBD2B to OBD1 Conversion harness. In the process of merging the harness' I'm trying to confirm that I have ti done right before it gets plugged in & blows something. So the plug that I'm talking about doesn't connect to the ECU directly, but is part of the main engine harness... so I need to know what the hell it's for. Any help would be great.

Thanks Again.

Dude, I'm not trying to be a douchebag, but you're doing this the wrong way. I can damn near GUARANTEE that you CANNOT merge the harnesses. I have tried this, and I have seen it tried. All you need to do is plug up your stock harness to the motor, extend a few wires, and plug the obd2b-obd1 jumper harness in. The obd1 motors did not have the green plug because the engine harness connected to the in-car harness at the strut towers, not under teh dash. I'm on my lunchbreak for the next half-hour, hit me up on AIM or yahoo (martini_with_olives) and I can walk you through this. I've done SEVERAL swaps, and been through several wiring nightmares, and I HAVE done an h22 swap before...

And ProjectXspeed, I already told him, the green plug connects the engine harness to the in-car harness. It's square, and about an inch and a half long by a half inch tall by an inch and a half long....OBD1 harnesses do NOT have these because the obd1 engine harness connects to the in-car harness at the strut towers.

If for some stupid ass reason you DO want to put the obd1 engine harness in, you're gonna have to change EVERY HARNESS IN THE CAR to OBD1. Go ahead and pull our your seats, carpet, and dash, and hope that you have every single wire from the OBD1 CAR. Like I've laready said, I speak from experience. THIS IS TOO MUCH OF A HEADACHE WHEN YOU CAN JUST USE YOUR HARNESS YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!

I also don't understand why you're doing this if you have an obd2b-obd1 jumper!

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 10 2005, 06:32 PM
And ProjectXspeed, I already told him, the green plug connects the engine harness to the in-car harness. It's square, and about an inch and a half long by a half inch tall by an inch and a half long....OBD1 harnesses do NOT have these because the obd1 engine harness connects to the in-car harness at the strut towers.

If for some stupid ass reason you DO want to put the obd1 engine harness in, you're gonna have to change EVERY HARNESS IN THE CAR to OBD1. Go ahead and pull our your seats, carpet, and dash, and hope that you have every single wire from the OBD1 CAR. Like I've laready said, I speak from experience. THIS IS TOO MUCH OF A HEADACHE WHEN YOU CAN JUST USE YOUR HARNESS YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!

I also don't understand why you're doing this if you have an obd2b-obd1 jumper!
[post=459085]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright so what you're saying is just match up the plugs for all the sensors... add in wires for the EGR & IAB's and call it a day???

Thanks Again.

Exactly! Depending on the year of your motor, you'll more than likely have to wire up a resistor box for the injectors.

On my roommate's H22 that we swapped into his 99 hatch, we didn't wire up the EGR, and just removed the IAB butterflies from the intake manifold.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 10 2005, 06:53 PM
Exactly! Depending on the year of your motor, you'll more than likely have to wire up a resistor box for the injectors.

On my roommate's H22 that we swapped into his 99 hatch, we didn't wire up the EGR, and just removed the IAB butterflies from the intake manifold.
[post=459104]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank You very much... I'll see what We can get done with this tonight !!!

Thanks Again... :worthy:

OMG! you were going to merge the harnesses?!?!?!?!?!?!
you're brave. lol

Yeah, just use your civic's harness. 90% of the plugs will plug right in. 5% will need to be lengthened to reach and then plug in. the other 5% will need to be added-- dpending on your civics trim level (if its as EX its 2 wires, if its not, its 5 or 7... something like that)

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 10 2005, 01:53 PM
[post=459104]Quoted post[/post]​

yep-

1992-96 Prelude VTEC Peak and hold 345cc
1997-up Prelude VTEC Saturated 280cc

the peak hold will require a resistor box--- or, plug in some saturated injectors instead (rc 310's work nicely :) )

air bag plugs/loom are yellow.
abs are orange

thats an industry standard

i've yet to see anything different

Like I've already said, the green plug connects the engine harness to the under-dash harness. That's it.

You're the same kid who told someone to tighten their crank pulley by putting a breaker bar on the nut and cranking the car. Stop typing.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 10 2005, 11:21 PM
Like I've already said, the green plug connects the engine harness to the under-dash harness. That's it.

You're the same kid who told someone to tighten their crank pulley by putting a breaker bar on the nut and cranking the car. Stop typing.
[post=459421]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL i remember reading this and considerd it for a few seconds then started laughing. And see the problem with that was threw out my troubles of geting my crank pulley off i kept think back to that and considering it, now if i hadint been the genious that i am i might have ended up trying it with all the problems i was having, and thats why spreading that crap is a problem. Because had i been a douche bag you would have found me starting my car with a bar attached to the crank pulley bolt. :happydance: :bangin:

:ph34r: Alright got all that figured out... now I've got another question for you... wiring up the Distributor... Got a single plug on my factory harness that plugs right into the factory plug on the prelude Distributor... however, there's two plugs on the prelude distributor... What do I have to do to correct this???

Thanks Again... Your help is greatly appreciated :)

Back