00 EK with obd1 ecu, need to pass emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello, let me start with, I bought this ek with a B18c1 swap already installed, and by the looks of it, i noticed that it has: an obd2b wiring harness with a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness, a Chipped P28 ecu. skunk 2 intake manifold and full exhaust. now my problem is, I need it to pass the emission inspection but of course it wont pass cause its an obd1 ecu. im wondering if i can use an obd2b ecu for inspection, then go back to obd1. I read somewhere that if you use a harness off of a 99-00 ex,hx or si no wiring mod. is needed. i have not tried to put another ecu in there. i want to be sure that i can do that. thank you. Sorry for writing this BOOK!:D And for the noob questions:(

remove the obd1 ecu and jumper harness, then install an obd2b p72 ecu from usdm gsr. You may or may not have to run wires for the vtec and iab's depending on how it was done for the swap.

if you're from cali im in the same situation. I got a 00 gsr in my 00 civic hatch. There was a obd2b-obd1 jumper harness to a P75-A01 ecu (from an ls i think) when i got it. I just bought a 2000 SI ecu for 60 and waiting to drive it around for 100 miles just to make sure the ecu recognizes the car and to see if it runs the car fine.

I was told it would pass the communication failure.

you have 3 options

Get the obd2b gsr ecu and get the immobilizer removed and rechipped

Get the obd2a gsr ecu and get a jumper harness OBD2b->OBD2a

Get the 99-00 Si ecu plug and play.

I'm going to test the 99-00 Si ecu tomorrow afternoon and will let you know if it works or not. If it works, you can buy an Si ecu for cheap, smog it, and put back your obd1 ecu. If i dont pass tomorrow, get the first or second option lol.

btw the obd2a gsr ecu might throw a cel for fuel tank pressure or something like that. in that event you need to get a fuel tank from an integra i think o_O

Si ecu will pass smog. I had a high hc (ppm) with an obd1 ls ecu 12 points over and the obd1 communication failed. This time the si ecu connected and passed the functional check but still had my prior problem but this time 16 over.

Back