00' gs-r factory a/c charge

SolidDreamz

Hey i ran over a dead deer out of state and the radiator got pushed back and cracked my highside line near the compressor. Anyway i took the line off and welded it but the thing is i need to know what to charge the low side to so i can figure out how many cans of r134a to buy. I dont have a chiltons manual, i have the other and it dont have specs. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it! BTW I know i need to vacume the system before charging to get any moisture out.
-Peace-
:D

whiteLS

should be on a light blue lable under the hood some where. i think its on the left strut tower or nearby

SolidDreamz

ya i found it, Im gonna vacuum the system down but i was wondering........ if the factory charge is 22oz low, 24oz high, does that mean i can put two 11oz cans in and it be fully charged or is there more to that? Cans acutally are 11oz r134a and 2oz oil mixed. I know that temp from vent should be around 30 degrees cooler then outside temp and not to overcharge the system but i cant do that with only 2 cans.
What does anyone think?
Im used to residential heatpumps, not auto a/c.
I do have r-22,r-12,r-502 gauges but not 134
thanks

whiteLS

the 2 cans should be fine w/ the amout of oil thy add. if any thing you might be slightly undercharged doue to what gets left in the lines and such.

SolidDreamz

Originally posted by whiteLS@Jun 8 2005, 09:31 PM
the 2 cans should be fine w/ the amout of oil thy add. if any thing you might be slightly undercharged doue to what gets left in the lines and such.
[post=509916]Quoted post[/post]​

cool thanks, id rather do it myself and save money for upgrades then to pay someone to recharge 4 me. A guy wanted 70.00 at a gas station just to vacuum down, 115.00 to recharge also.