'06 rsx-s stall question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ImportConvert

I know next to nothing about transmissions so here is my question. Everytime it rains my girlfriend's sister's rsx-s stalls super easy. Is it the way me and her drive or is it more serious? The car is stock except for a cold air intake of some kind.

There is a baro sensor on most modern cars... but it if was bad, it would throw a code. (check engine light).
is this an automatic or manual transmission?

yes its a base, what do you mean by stall, like with the clutch in and it idling or as you take off or what

You let out the clutch go into first, and if you don't take it to 2k right off the bat it stalls, no jerking or anything. The car forces you to drive like a jackoff.

odd that it only happens in the rain. i would point a finger towards a fuel filter, and maybe change out the plugs/wires as a first easy troubleshooting step.

Omfg, could it be the fact that the intake (got to love her "mechanic" boyfriend) filter sits lower than the engine (I'm guessing he was trying to make it take a cooler air charge) and gets wet?

bingo! the intake could very well be the culprit. is the fender liner still in? i've washed my filter before and driven my car right after, but my has a map sensor, yours has a mass air flow sensor which may not like the wet. try to take the tube that goes into the fender well out and put the filter in the engine compartment if possible. if you dont have anymore problems then you know that was it. good luck

well there you go, put the filter like it should be, and if its a cai and not a short ram id get rid of it, these cars hydro lock easy. so it will be worth the 1hp loss lol, and mine will stall kinda easy with the ac button in lol,

Thank you very much. I'm just going to take it out before her boyfriend has another "but what about this" moment. Maybe I can just go "WAAAAHHH!!!" When she floors it if she misses the sound lol

yeah it's got to be the CAI.
I already sucked water through the intake before. I thinks it mainly the filter being too dirty.

In the rain all the moisture and crap tend to be the worst on filter. I say replace the filter and see what happens.
Ahh vtec: FYI info it 2hp! get it right! :p

I love my CAI. dangerous as hell but only if im not cautious. Even without one i wouldn't just ride over a heavy puddle at WOT :lol:

I love my CAI. dangerous as hell but only if im not cautious. Even without one i wouldn't just ride over a heavy puddle at WOT :lol:

I used to do that in my dodge stealth, I wonder why my headgasket blew. -dies-

Back