12"Subs

What 12" subs would sound best in a 90 integra?

• 2 Polk Momo's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Infinity Kappa Perfects

• 2 SoloBaric L7&#3

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mycivichasturbo

I need your alls help on wat subs to get. Im not shure about the SoloBarics because i dont wanna have to buy a big expensive amp.Thanx

Get the solobaric L5's, you get the benefit of the increased cone area, but also more efficiency than the L7's, so you dont need as much power to get the full potential from the woofers. And they're cheaper.

I've had 2 l7 12's in my old max with a ZR1100 and I have heard 2 W3 12's with a JL 1000/1 and i would pick the JL's over the Kickers. JL has more clarity and a better sounding sub, IMO.

i went with a 8in sub from jl audio it was a w somthing anyway i have had it for 5 years and it humps still.

in my opinion if you want loud clean bass go with a JL AUDIO W7, you will not be dissapointed. I have a 10W7 in a 90 civic hb, it is definatly the loudest 10 I have ever heard. I used to have 2 10W3's in a ported box, the subs each had their own chamber and it is nothing compared to my W7, Iam running a JL 500/1 to it and it could handle a 1000/1. But that is my opinion an what you should get. ;)

Originally posted by Hondarod5@Mar 11 2003, 12:02 AM
in my opinion if you want loud clean bass go with a JL AUDIO W7, you will not be dissapointed. I have a 10W7 in a 90 civic hb, it is definatly the loudest 10 I have ever heard. I used to have 2 10W3's in a ported box, the subs each had their own chamber and it is nothing compared to my W7, Iam running a JL 500/1 to it and it could handle a 1000/1. But that is my opinion an what you should get. ;)

How much did you spend and where?

JL's fucking blow. They used to be good but they have drastically gone downhill. Also brian is definantly right, I used to have two twelves then 3 tens and its way to much. Your car starts rattling and shit after a while. one ten is the way to go, your music sounds good and you still have a functional trunk.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 11 2003, 06:49 AM
you don't need 2 12's man.

1 10 is enought to make youre music sounds GOOD, not loud.

NO doubt,there isn't enough area in you car to need that kind of sound.It will be counterproductive and you will lose out on certain frequencies.

i my buddy has a JL W3 in his tacoma, and it does not sound that great. I have an Infinity kappa perfect 10.1, and out of all the subs i heard it sounded the best to me... plus the infinity kappa is well built, it is the longest lasting sub i have had, real thick rubber on it, and nice aluminum cone. but in the end it is all personal preference.
s3dca34a1867d4.jpg

If you want a great speaker, go with a 12" Audiobahn Flame. They sound super good and you can get them for a great price. Don't trust your local Car Toys or big store like that, they will just spend your money for you. I know this guy that owns a stereo shop and he'll tell it how it is. He has a 28 watt system, that costs about $50 and it sounds better than a $600 setup from car toys. Also, not sure how many of you know this, but go ask some car toys guy how much a car stereo amp puts out. They will tell you 4x50 = 200 watts, a car stereo amp will only put out 12.5 watts, there is an exception for some pioneer, they will put out 22 watts. Also, unlike home stereo regulations regarding how many watts it puts out, there is no law about the amount they claim it puts out versus how much it really puts out. A company can claim there 2 channel amp puts out 1000 watts, but it may actually only put out 200 watts. Its always good to have a amp bench tested before you buy it to really see how many watts its putting out.

Audiobahns are nice and you can run them in a smaller sealed inclosure to save space and weight.

well i would go w/ the solobarics, b/c i had a pair and they PUONDED. However if you want something that will blow all of those away, get a pair of POWER HX2s. Yes fosgates are power hogs, but they are well worth it in my opinion.

Having just one speaker looks weird. I've never seen a solo setup I actually liked. Two JL W7's. And Polk Momo is just a name. They sound like feces being run through a bull horn.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2003, 11:49 PM
1 10 is enought to make youre music sounds GOOD, not loud.

:withstupid:

That's exactly what I have in my trunk too- just one JL 10w3 in a custom box.

Solobarics 0wns j00! My buddy with his one kicker L7 15 with a volkenhag 800 watt amp is so much louder then my buddy with 3 jl w6's and a bd1500. For a lighter wattage sub a kappa perfect is very nice and is so crisp for a sub it is hard to believe, my friend just got 1 12 with a 500 kenwood amp(sounds damn good and clear). For the most bang for the buck I think is the audibahn high excursion series. None of these subs I listed were sloppy at all.

Originally posted by randerson165@Mar 11 2003, 06:29 PM
If you want a great speaker, go with a 12" Audiobahn Flame. They sound super good and you can get them for a great price. Don't trust your local Car Toys or big store like that, they will just spend your money for you. I know this guy that owns a stereo shop and he'll tell it how it is. He has a 28 watt system, that costs about $50 and it sounds better than a $600 setup from car toys. Also, not sure how many of you know this, but go ask some car toys guy how much a car stereo amp puts out. They will tell you 4x50 = 200 watts, a car stereo amp will only put out 12.5 watts, there is an exception for some pioneer, they will put out 22 watts. Also, unlike home stereo regulations regarding how many watts it puts out, there is no law about the amount they claim it puts out versus how much it really puts out. A company can claim there 2 channel amp puts out 1000 watts, but it may actually only put out 200 watts. Its always good to have a amp bench tested before you buy it to really see how many watts its putting out.

Yeah I don't believe all that man. My friends dad is vice president of Sun Fire in sales and marketing. They make some of the most expensive and high tech subwoofers, receivers, etc. out there. One of their Signature series Subwoofers on the amp bench it puts out 2700 watts. It is only a 11 inch cube with 2-8 inch drivers on both sides with a built in amp. Only problem is it costs about 1200 bucks. :thumbsdown:

I would do a single 12 or 10 set up ported and tuned somewhat low, 33-35 hz, build a custom slot vented box and you will be happy. I have a single 12 set up, and I get 1st at nearly every show I go to here in mn, and in my class almost everyone runs 2 12's. Its all in the box, woofer choice is definately the 2nd most important part of your system.

Back