13s With Just Bolt-on (can This Be True?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomtom

has anyone seen 13s with bolt ons?made me a beliver..
92-95 hatch
seats remove except driver (ofcourse)
gsr motor
skunk2 intake manifokd, aem cai
aem fuel rail , aem fuel pressur reggulator
ctr camshaft, skunk 2 cam gear(intake advance 6 degrees, exhaust advance 2 degrees)
mugen chip p28
full slicks 8 inch wide
the guy pulled a 13.8
i didn t belive the guy, he let me look at the hole setup
(everthing that is listed here)
could he have a high copressing internal ?
anyone know....
(this is from a run today at the sac. raceway)
1/5/03 how can this guy run 13s with just bolt ons????

just compare this to my friends
92-95 hatch
gsr motor
dc header 4-1/ aem cai/aem cam gear(intake 2 degrees advance exhaust 0)
street slick
14.7 et
recation .58
91 mph
does the ctr camshaft/w the cam gear and skunk2 intake manifold make that much hp?

92-95 hatch
ls-vtec with b16 piston ( :spin: see high copressing internal)
aem cai/ dc header/
mugen chip p28
full slick
13.3 et

92-95 hatch
b16a motor
aem fuel rail /aem fuel pressure regulator
dc header/short ram intake dc
60 shot wet
full slick

Originally posted by tomtom@Jan 6 2003, 12:00 AM
has anyone seen 13s with bolt ons?made me a beliver..
92-95 hatch
seats remove except driver (ofcourse)
gsr motor
skunk2 intake manifokd, aem cai
aem fuel rail , aem fuel pressur reggulator
ctr camshaft, skunk 2 cam gear(intake advance 6 degrees, exhaust advance 2 degrees)
mugen chip p28
full slicks 8 inch wide
the guy pulled a 13.8
i didn t belive the guy, he let me look at the hole setup
(everthing that is listed here)
could he have a high copressing internal ?
anyone know....
(this is from a run today at the sac. raceway)
1/5/03 how can this guy run 13s with just bolt ons????

just compare this to my friends
92-95 hatch
gsr motor
dc header 4-1/ aem cai/aem cam gear(intake 2 degrees advance exhaust 0)
street slick
14.7 et
recation .58
91 mph
does the ctr camshaft/w the cam gear and skunk2 intake manifold make that much hp?

92-95 hatch
ls-vtec with b16 piston ( :spin: see high copressing internal)
aem cai/ dc header/
mugen chip p28
full slick
13.3 et

92-95 hatch
b16a motor
aem fuel rail /aem fuel pressure regulator
dc header/short ram intake dc
60 shot wet
full slick

I seen a 96 hatch.. full interior and all.. it was a daily driver with a b18c1 with, short ram, itr pistons, itr cams, N1 exhuast and i think it was a jdm header.. but anyways.. on 15 inch rota's he ran a 14.4 with tire smoke off the line. The 5g is lighter and a lil more mods and seems some tuning.. so, yes, i think its possible.

yea i can see it, the cams are more then just bolt ons, they are part of the internals. If this guy was a good driver then yes, if you still dont believe him, ask for time slips. Plus he has a pretty well tuned car. the only real thing he is missing for a great na engine is some high compression pistons.,

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 12:06 AM
yea i can see it, the cams are more then just bolt ons, they are part of the internals. If this guy was a good driver then yes, if you still dont believe him, ask for time slips. Plus he has a pretty well tuned car. the only real thing he is missing for a great na engine is some high compression pistons.,

Since when are cams considered internals?

Its the internals of the head, they, uh, but, ah, umm, i'll just give up. I consider bolt ons the simple stuff like cai, exhaust, header, cam gear, fuel rail, stuff like that. Anything that is inside the engine (head or bottom end) i consider internals

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 5 2003, 09:25 PM
Its the internals of the head, they, uh, but, ah, umm, i'll just give up. I consider bolt ons the simple stuff like cai, exhaust, header, cam gear, fuel rail, stuff like that. Anything that is inside the engine (head or bottom end) i consider internals

:withstupid:

hmm, i consider internals anything that you have to pull the head off to get to...anything inside the block

I really do think that cams are bolt on, you can do those in like an hour if you have no experience, 20 mins if youve done it before

cams are just hour installs? I was always told that the valves need to be adjusted/positioned correctly.

ahh yea thats not all consider bolt ons thats like a cai, header and exhaust and ignition and like wires fuel rail, and fpr, ect. those are bolt ons

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 12:06 AM
if you still dont believe him, ask for time slips. Plus he has a pretty well tuned car. the only real thing he is missing for a great na engine is some high compression pistons.,

I was there watching

sounds like highcompression pistons is the only thing that he was really missing, I have even see a b18c1 (not stock what so ever) run NA and did a sub 13 second pass. Someone here has a vid of it, it kills a porsche 911 and a mustang GT. Also if the person does major weight reductions, it makes it even more possible.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 09:14 PM
sounds like highcompression pistons is the only thing that he was really missing, I have even see a b18c1 (not stock what so ever) run NA and did a sub 13 second pass. Someone here has a vid of it, it kills a porsche 911 and a mustang GT. Also if the person does major weight reductions, it makes it even more possible.

we weighed my friends hatch( no seats except the driver)
everthing else out (has door panels and carpet)
car is 2080lbs its a cx from canada it origanally had a 1.5 vtec

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 09:14 PM
sounds like highcompression pistons is the only thing that he was really missing, I have even see a b18c1 (not stock what so ever) run NA and did a sub 13 second pass. Someone here has a vid of it.

do u know how fast the b18c1 with high compresion piston
is?
I don t know if u notice but my other friend with a ls-vtec has a high compression piston set-up.. (he spent so much money doing this)
he' s only half a second faster
both of them have reaction between .58-.78
both ran full slicks to gete this best time

as i said, not stock what so ever, there was alot of tunning with this thing. low NA times like that take money time and skill. Also, how were their launches? (yes i know he had slicks but)

As for weight, you can do alot more, cf hood, fenders, fiberglass hatch, radio, speakers with wire harness, (a long wire harness for the speakers can way up to about 3-5 lbs. (just paint all the body panels that you replace stock color so that you can look better and almost more Sleeper looking (if you can in a gutted hb) And with carpet, there is sound reducing material under the carpet that can be 30-40lbs right there.

does anyone know what times (1/4 mile) for a 92-95 hatch with a gsr motor( stock motor with no bolt on please)
also a b16 in a 92-95 hatch
and a b16 in a 88-91 crx
and a b18c in a crx
thanks for all the repliess..... B)

my car will run 13.9's with good tires.

i have a b16a3, no internal mods, intake and exhaust, and 4.75 final drive and LSD.

in a 92dx civic.

i went 14.5 with a 2.29 60-foot time.

2.0's and i'll be 13.9's.

Originally posted by tomtom@Jan 7 2003, 12:50 AM
does anyone know what times (1/4 mile) for a 92-95 hatch with a gsr motor( stock motor with no bolt on please)
also a b16 in a 92-95 hatch
and a b16 in a 88-91 crx
and a b18c in a crx
thanks for all the repliess..... B)

varies greatly
also varies
also varies
also varies

Originally posted by chet@Jan 7 2003, 12:55 AM
my car will run 13.9's with good tires.

i have a b16a3, no internal mods, intake and exhaust, and 4.75 final drive and LSD.

in a 92dx civic.

i went 14.5 with a 2.29 60-foot time.

2.0's and i'll be 13.9's.

dam
that lsd and final drive gear ratio made ur car that much faster???

did u notice my friends b16 in 92-95 hatch with 60 shot
on full slicks
reaction around .6-.8 i forgot he still have time slip
he only pulled a 13.9
o he also toke all the seats and other stuff out..

gearing does so much, you can make a basicly stock hodda with coustom gearing reach 0-60 in like 3 seconds (kinda pulling #'s out of my ass) but it would probally top out at like 70 mph. With a LS tranny, if put onto a car with engough hp, at 8800 or so RPMs, they would top out at 180 mph but there 0-60 times would be much slower (would still be decent if they had that kind of power)

although not to most scientific thing but on ps2 on grand trissimo 3, if you want to do a 10 second quarter, you gear the car so that it will alomost top out at the end of the (200 meters?) but then you can take that same car with the same mods with long, long gearing top out at 200 + but it takes a long time to get to that speed, like a few minutes on the test track.

Back