17's on to a crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

im tired of looking at my stock wheels. so im thinking about getting a set of adr m-classic wheels that are 17"x7.5". but the problem is i dont know if they will fit or not.

they will fit but you'll rub and the rims make the car look like a hotwheels car. i had 17's on my crx. you like 15's better at least I do. i love my fat fives, and am never going back to a 17 on my crx

not exactly a CRX but my cousin had 17x7s on the back of his EF hatch; they rubbed and didnt look too good.

rims = 15x6.5 or 15x7
tires = 195/50/15 or 205/50/15

Originally posted by wanderinman@Jul 12 2005, 03:37 PM
. You'll be surprised how big 15's look.
[post=524895]Quoted post[/post]​

yea i am suprised on how the 15's look on my crx,

17's looked to big and 13" too small and the 15" fat fives look perfect

Originally posted by SiLude@Jul 12 2005, 01:36 PM
dont do it. stick with some 15's or 16's
[post=524894]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: 15's are the best choice for a rex IMO

Originally posted by rex187@Jul 12 2005, 01:10 PM
im tired of looking at my stock wheels. so im thinking about getting a set of adr m-classic wheels that are 17"x7.5". but the problem is i dont know if they will fit or not.
[post=524880]Quoted post[/post]​

i know the wheels your going for, beautiful, very nice rims, but its not worth it to have a sexy rim thats just too big! i almost did it on my eg, and i decided to stick with the 16's. belive me, its better to compramise on the look of the rim than to compramise the ride and feel of the car, no to mention you check book, you'll be rubbin like crazy buyin new tires every 3000 miles. good luck bro :)

i agree with the 17" looking way to big. i was a crx today that had 17" and it looked ugly as hell. i mean the rims where nice but just way to big. so im going to look around and see what i can find as for 15" or 16".

do the rims that you were looking at come in a smaller size?

i just checked and they dont, you could just find some rims that look the same

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jul 14 2005, 11:48 PM
I think 17's look teh hot on CRXs.... :ph34r:
[post=526458]Quoted post[/post]​

they wont rub! I had 18inch drag wheel with lo profile falcon ziex and it looked just aggressive as hell. But i hav 15's on my new rex. If you going for looks go 17's wih lo pro tires. If performance or just an upgrade go with 15's with 195/50/15. I have 2 BFG's gforce that will fit on 15's for cheap if your interested. check my parts for sales ection

yo i really dont think they look that bad. me personally i would never want anything other than my fat fives on my eg but on my boys yello rex has black 17 5 spoke with low profile tires and it looks good. 2in drop and he hasnt said shit about rubbin. but he might not have the rain gaurds in the front

Back