1987 crx transmission swap help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wlee598

Carb'd honda's rule
I'm converting my crx to a manual. It's the base model crx from 87 with a d15a2. I'm wondering if an HF manual transmission will fit to my engine since they both have a d15a2, and any other advice would be super great.

I know i'll need the linkage, pedals, and shifter. What else will I need? I've already got the transmission.

Thanks

P.S. does anyone know a good place I can get an oem used or new flywheel?

The transaxle will fit, but a mounting bracket may be required. As for the rest, you will need the pedal, cable/rod, all fittings, shift linkage, all hardware and fresh gear oil.

the best trany to get is a d16a1 or a ZC (jdm d16a1) its the best gear for a d-serious........ the tranny model is a CG from 86-88 integra

the best trany to get is a d16a1 or a ZC (jdm d16a1) its the best gear for a d-serious........ the tranny model is a CG from 86-88 integra
won't bolt up to the D15A2 engine - not even close

I got a flywheel or two kicking around....if you can make it up to my swap meet in CT on May 17th, I'll just give them to you...and I might have a crap load of other parts you might want or need.

I went to a junk yard and was pulling parts from a similar 1st gen crx, but it had an ew1 engine. I got the pedals, clutch cable, and the shifter assembly, but it looked like the actual shift rod was in a different place on that transmission. Any ideas if it's different?

I got a flywheel or two kicking around....if you can make it up to my swap meet in CT on May 17th, I'll just give them to you...and I might have a crap load of other parts you might want or need.

Hey Airjockie I'm super interested in your flywheel offer because I need one bad and don't feel like dropping a tranny at a junkyard and trying to fish out one. is it a flywheel for a d15a2?

Back