1991 Integra just put in b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

recycleme85

I just swapped in a B18B1 from a 97 integra in my teggy. Everything went fine aside from the lack of info on this swap on the net. A quick google search will land you to some dead non answered post all over.

With that aside, The only issues i had were:

Crank pulley. The one off the 97 had a flat belt for power steering and my 91 had a v-groove

I am using the B1 intake manifold and have relocated the map sensor to the throttle body. Still trying to fix vacuum lines though. I know the FPR goes to the one soruce of vacuum on intake but what about the other solenoid on the firewall and the big red one on the charcoal canister?

I deloomed the wire harness so the Fan Switch could be relocated with out cutting the wires.

Also had to re-use the A1 brackets for power steering as the B1 pulls the pump to close to block.

Used my A1 Distributor as to remain OBD0 also use the peak and hold injectors.

Other than the above it was a stright forward swap.

My question is surely someone had use the B1 intake on the DA9. If so, could ya point me in the right direction as to what to do with the charcoal canister, big red line, and there is one red line that goes into the car through the firewall not sure what it feeds with vacuum.

I have done some searching and found different ways to do it, Some say to eliminate the two solenoids and just run the MAP and FPR and leave everything else capped off.

Will this work or do i need other stuff hooked up?:rolleyes:

Also, my Fans will not come on when the car is running but it will come on when i turn off the car. Before the swap, the fans worked fine. Now they will not come one unless ignition is off. Weird.....:huh:

Also this is my first posting here but.....Ill stay around. Been in the Honda scene since my 90 CRX with my ZC swap....

Thanks in advanced for the help....

I swapped a B20b into my 91 teg and it cant get fuel. Currently two sensors on back of engine. Cant start it. Any luck with yours?

Back