MA 1991 Mistusishi Galant VR4...Stock w/a history

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Sold...1991 Mistusishi Galant VR4...Stock w/a history...Sold

1991 Galant VR-4
1835/2000
Sunroof car
5 speed (they all are)
black leather (again, all VR4's have it)

For those who dont know,, the Galant VR4 share the 4g63 turbo AWD drivetrain from the 1st gen Eclipse GSX...Galants however were assembled in Japan and therefor are NOT DSM's.

This is a almost bone stock car. The only aftermarket parts are a Bosal exhaust (quiet/OEM sounding) and a set of custom 1 off Bilstein struts and springs.

This car originally belonged to Sam Shanaman...google the name and you will see his racing background, staring with 1st gen Eclipses in the early 90's. The car was sold to a close friend of his and then to me.

I have receipts that go back to 1991...including ones for a brand new transmission, transfer case, and rear end when the car had 122k on it (so 40k on those parts) as well as a turbo, t-belt/water pump at 132k, and many MANY other maintenance items.

I also have the original window sticker, owners manuals, original bill of sale when new, ect

Everything in the car works flawlessly EXCEPT:
the ABS (module is unplugged in the trunk because its bad)
the 4 wheel steering (because it sucks and everyone takes it out...also have a receipt for this "repair")
the A/C (dont know why)
1 foglight (lens is cracked, I MIGHT have a spare)

Brakes a squishy but I believe that is becasue of a new rear caliper that wasnt properly bled

Interior is as near mint as you're going to get...no cracks in the dash, so splits in the seams of the seats, no splits in the rear seat. Drivers bolster barely shows sings of wear.

Body is decent, rub marks on the right rear corner of the bumper and left front corner of the front bumper. Trunk and quarter panel do have a dent from a tree branch falling on the car.

Small rust spot on the upper corner of the windshield, also along the bottom of the front doors (common, see pics). Also, part of the sheet metal underneath near the firewall (outside of where the control arm bolts to the unibody) rotted out. Its where a tow truck driver would normally tie the car down for transport, underneath is another layer of the unibody so its not like a hole in the floor...it can be fixed, but it is there and I want to make sure anyone interested knows about it.

All that said, the car honest to god drives like a dream. 85 on the highway with zero vibrations, humming, pulling, ect. Transmission and clutch shift like butter. Absolutely NO VALVE TICK of any kind. Power steering pump whines a bit, but the car has been sitting for a while...so?

No check engine light, but ABS light is on due to the bad ABS module (which again, is unplugged)

$3500 cash

email: hosmerownzyou@yahoo.com

100_0557.jpg

100_0558.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0561.jpg

100_0562.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0564.jpg

100_0565.jpg

100_0568.jpg

100_0566.jpg

100_0569.jpg

Last edited:
No love for the original evolution....

Also considering trades plus cash

It'd be an interesting driver, but alas, no cash... G/L.

the other ones still in my garage....I am sure someday it will also be for sale

Back