1992 Honda Civic EX Buildup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooncivic01

Ok everyone just picked up a 1992 Civic EX. The car is teal with black interior. I picked the car up for 1200 dollars, and now it is time to modify the hell out of it. Here is everything that has been ordered for it. Tell me what you think.

Engine
Low Mileage D16Z6 Engine
Rebuilt Transmission
Crower 63441T Cam
Crower 68180 Valve Springs
Crower 87096 CNC Titanium Retainers
Crower 97404-E Stainless Steel Valves
Crower 97404-I Stainless Steel Valves
Crower B93745B 4340 Steel Billet Connecting Rods
Crower Adjustable Cam Gear
SRP 99288 Pistons 9.0:1
STR Block Saver
Greddy Metal Head Gasket
Greddy EVO Exhaust System
Greddy Turbo Kit
Greddy Intercooler Kit R-Spec
Greddy External W/G Type R
Greddy Type S Blow Off Valve
Greddy Oil Cooler Kit
Greddy Oil Filter Relocation Kit
Moroso Oil Pan
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
AEM Fuel Rail
BBK High Flow Fuel Pump
Greddy 550cc Fuel Injectors
MSD 6AL Ignition System
MSD Blaster 2 Coil
Magnecor 10mm Spark Plug Wires
Denso Spark Plugs
Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Insert
Fluidyne 38mm Radiator
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan
STR 70mm Throttle Body

Transmission
ACT Stage 4 Clutch
ACT Xact Streetlite Flywheel 8.4lbs
Quaife Differential
DC Sports Short Shift
Energy M/T Shifter Bushing

Suspension
Tein Type Flex Coilover Kit w/ Pillow Ball Mounts
Tein EDFC
Spoon Front Strut Tower Bar
Spoon Front Lower Tie Bar
Spoon Rear Strut Tower Bar
Spoon Rear Lower Tie Bar
Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bars
Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex System

Brakes
Fast Brakes 11” Front Brake Upgrade
Fast Brakes 4 Piston Front Caliper Kit
Fast Brakes 11” Rear Brake Upgrade
Fast Brakes Slotted and Drilled Rotors
Fast Brakes Steel Braided Brake Lines
Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads

Exterior
Fiberimages Carbon Fiber Hood
Fiberimages Carbon Fiber Fenders
Fiberimages Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
Fiberimages Carbon Fiber Spoon Replica Lip
Audi S4 Special Edition Blue Paint Job
Sparco Hood Pins
Sparco Fuel Cap (custom molded)
Decah VDC Kit
20% Black Tint
Wings West RS Side Skirts
Wings West RS Rear Lip
New OEM Front Bumper
New OEM Rear Bumper

Lighting
Vision Smoked Amber Corners
Phillips 9004 HID Kit
JDM Red Clear Taillights
OEM Fog Light Kit
Phillips HID Fog Light Kit (custom fit)
PIAA Light Bulbs All Around

Interior and Safety
Sparco Torino Seats (black)
Sparco Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
Sparco Carbon Fiber Race Pedals
Sparco Extreme 2 Steering Wheel
Sparco 4 Point Harness
Autopower Race Roll Bar (custom pipes)
Integra Dash
Integra Door Panels
Integra Rear Seats

Electronics and Gauges
Greddy E-Manage System
Greddy E-Manage Fuel Harness
Greddy Profec E-01 Boost Controller
Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer
Autometer Boost Gauge
Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Oil Temp Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge
Autometer Volts Gauge
Autometer Water Temp Gauge
Autometer Exhaust Temp Gauge
Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
Autometer Transmission Temp Gauge
Spoon Sports Integra Gauge Cluster

Stereo
Alpine IVA-D900 In-Dash Screen
Alpine NVE-N852A Navigation System
JL Audio 500/5 Amp
Focal Utopia 165W Component Set (front)
Focal 165CV Speakers (rear)
Alumapro MX Alchemy 12” Subwoofer
Alumapro 5 Farad CAP
Compustar Alarm

Wheels and Tires
16” WORK Emotion CR Wheel (flat gun metallic)
Falken Azenis 215/45/16

Well that’s everything. I will be posting pictures of stuff as it gets hear or as I get time. I will be installing everything in my shop. I am a mechanic so there will be no labor charge just beer and pizza for me and my other friends. The car should be done in a couple of weeks and I will also post pictures of the build process. The current state of the car is no engine and everything has been stripped from the interior, and the exterior has no fenders, front or rear bumpers or doors or trunk lid. Again please tell me your ideas on the car.

Thanks
Dave

you ordered all that stuff at once...
did you just rob a bank?

yO Boi wE HaZ gOt tO HaVe oVerNite ParTz fRoM JapAn!!!

sorry.
thats a hellafied list

No didn't rob a bank. Just sold one of my other cars for 42000 and took about half of that and invested that into the civic, but what do you think about the set-up, do you think it will be different.

What the hell kind of car did you sell???
And why are you sticking with Sohc???
If you've got $42,000, get Dohc.

I sold a BMW. I already have 3 DOHC cars and I want to see what I can do with SOHC. If it doesn't work I have a fully built B18C5 I will drop in, but I would rather save that for a CRX. Keep posting your opinions I like to see what everyone thinks.

Originally posted by khrisb@Aug 6 2003, 04:00 PM
What the hell kind of car did you sell???
And why are you sticking with Sohc???
If you've got $42,000, get Dohc.

:werd:
put the money from body kit into motor.

Hey go with it most ppl dont do sohc, so do your thing....just curious what r u hoping to run in the 1/4?

You chose the wrong shit to see what a SOHC can do. Greddy turbo kit is weak, it's an upgraded 15g (gay). For 24000.00, you will be lucky to run 14's.

P.S. this thread is worthless with pics/receipts.

Well, Dave... That sounds like someone with alot of time on their hands who just sat in front of the computer and dreamed up a civic. Like Afipunk said... why go with the greddy? And srp 9:1 pistons? Why not 8:1 and dump in the boost? Money is obviously not an issue. Sounds like a bad ass setup, but if it were me I'd run a bigger turbo since you already spent an ass-load of dollars. You might hit low 13s with that setup, but the suspension screams auto X. And if you were going to run auto X that setup blows. (D16+psi =shitty at auto X) Why exactly are you blowing 25k+ on a 10 year old car? This thread needs pix.... Good luck tho, let us know how it goes....

why would you EVER bother with an SOHC for that much money? The setup will be ill, I'm just saying, you could have been alot faster if you had simply gone with a different motor.

edit. k read your other post about why you want sohc, thats fine.

1. ditch e-manage and the FPR. That is shit.
2. Buy Hondata.
3. Sleeve the block, ditch the block guard. Block guards are shit.
4. Go for a t3/t4 instead of the dink 15g.

that is all for now.

I think it is a great Idea. But you just should have done more research. A lot of the part you got are not that great. Such as the greddy turbo kit it is nice if you don't know what you doing anyone can hook it up and it will work. But seeing as you have resource you should know that that turbo kit is week and come no where close to really pushing that engine.
I am working with SOHC Vtec right now for what you have spent I could have went all drag and made some money with that car. But I am not a drag fan. For about half of the money you have spent my SOHC vtec will run circles around it. I give you credit for useing the SOHC it has lots of potential and can be better the the DOHC but don't tell every one else the the mightyer then mighty B16 can be bested. If you know engines inside and out yo ucan really build a screamer. You need it sleeved bored honed build the bottom end up right no BS. Do a low CR run high boost. Skys the limit. You can easily get 400hp out of that thing if you do it right. Read a lot do it once do it right make it fast. Good luck you did get a lot of really good parts but don't always listen to the mags they are there to guide you but not show you the way.

PS I would love to have a BMW a true car class and speed untouchable.

Originally posted by Projectzc@Oct 6 2003, 05:39 PM
I think it is a great Idea. But you just should have done more research. A lot of the part you got are not that great. Such as the greddy turbo kit it is nice if you don't know what you doing anyone can hook it up and it will work. But seeing as you have resource you should know that that turbo kit is week and come no where close to really pushing that engine.
I am working with SOHC Vtec right now for what you have spent I could have went all drag and made some money with that car. But I am not a drag fan. For about half of the money you have spent my SOHC vtec will run circles around it. I give you credit for useing the SOHC it has lots of potential and can be better the the DOHC but don't tell every one else the the mightyer then mighty B16 can be bested. If you know engines inside and out yo ucan really build a screamer. You need it sleeved bored honed build the bottom end up right no BS. Do a low CR run high boost. Skys the limit. You can easily get 400hp out of that thing if you do it right. Read a lot do it once do it right make it fast. Good luck you did get a lot of really good parts but don't always listen to the mags they are there to guide you but not show you the way.

PS I would love to have a BMW a true car class and speed untouchable.

i read your post and became ----> <---- that much dumber.

i want my 2 minutes back.

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back