1993 eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

michaeldiaz2010

I have a question. I have a fully built b20b with vtec car does an 11.90 second quarter. I just developed a rod knock so rebuilding bottom end. I bought the car built alright. Previous owner states stock bottom end. I want this thing to make more power. What crankshaft set up do you guys recommend?

Are you wanting a stroked engine?

I "think" guys have used a GSR crank but I'm not sure about doing that to a B20....should be the same possibilities.

What compression? High rev, high flow, and high compression set up...IMO you get more longevity by sleeving the block (at least in terms of ring seal at those high rpms). I've read the B20 bottom is thin walled already. But it's not cheap and you may be more comfortable with replacing bottom ends when needed.

If the B20 crank is the same as an LS crank....I'd keep it but have it micro polished for balance.

I'd run a lighter (but stout) set of rods and 13.x:1 set up on race gas. Your high 11's now....just seems like a logical next step for your drag car. But if you need to drive the car regularly, 12:5 on 93 pump would be easily achievable while still bumping your compression some.

I guess I'm saying that you need to stay similar to your current times or start spending some serious cash lol

Edit: Stock Head? Injectors? Cams? IM/TB combo? Header? You may have some power left on the table with your current bolt on parts....especially if you bump up compression.

Last edited:
Back