1994 Coupe + D16z6, no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circletrack

Okay,
engine came from a '93 hatch, D16z6. Swapped in P28, left trans. bolted up to the z6, and swapped everything over. Engine turns over, fuel pressure is there, but there is no spark. (Distributor is BRAND new, engine was cranking, running, and driving minutes before we began the swap.) I have not personally been able to check any grounds myself, but other than grounds what do you guys think? Is there a specific ground that should be checked? If so, where does it ground? (I have been TOLD that all grounds are good...) 12 volts at distributor, by the way. Voltage IN, no spark OUT. We did not TOUCH the timing. As I said, everything ran like a top before we swapped it over.
Swapping in the old ECU to see if we can get spark...but bring on the suggestions.

We left the wires connected to the distributor, and to the engine. We didn't change or swap any wires. The engine was running minutes before we began the swap. There is no spark from the distributor. 12 volts in.

Check grounds and check your coil even tho it teat good I have seen to many times that they are bad even after they teat good, double check all plugs and connections and again DOUBLE check grounds the cable cover ground the thermostat and tranny ground and check ecu ground

So it turns out the distributor (which was brand new) failed at some point during the swap? They swapped the dizzy today for an exchanged unit, and it runs...

not sure what we did to damage it. No one ever had a problem with a D16 eating distributors have they?

Ya the D16Z6 are known for dead dizzys... i drove from the bar to home went out to start it 2 mins later and it was dead... lol

Same thing happened to me, not the dizzy though, 'twas my ignition coil.... changed the plugs and wires, started up fine, then died.

Back