1996 civic ex front clip swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matt13320

I have recently totalled out the front end of my 96 civic would I be able to use a 94 civic ex front clip? If so what modifications would be required?

I suppose anything is possible with the right fabrication skills, but I have to say in this case it is simply not worth your time to try and fit that clip to that car.

I can't say for sure because I've never done it but just by looking at the geometry of the front ends there are some major differences that I can see. I think you'll have issues getting the fenders to fit right, the hood to line up with the fenders, etc. But again, never done it so I can't say 100% for sure.

the 96 has the engine the 94 is just a shell the 94 had a b18 swap but the guy sold the engine and tranny when he got his 02 si all the mounts and stuff are intact from my car and they both used the same radiator so i think i might have to do that

Yeah you can swap it all over.. the wiring might get a bit tricky. Maybe get a stock 94 ex harness and a chipped obd1 ecu and then throw a map for the new engine on it.

Back