1997 Honda civic dx hatch with a d15b7? Lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I gotta say this is a first for me lol my buddy bought this 97 hatch and he dropped it off at my house smoking like a bitch and I popped the hood and sitting under neith is a d15b7 out of a 92-95 civic lol. The dude he got it from told him it was a fresh swap(my buddy is new to cars) but the guy he got it from took the time to make this motor obd2 with a y7 intake mani and obd2 oil pump. The head gasket was so bad that it was blowing oil and smoke on to the fire wall from the air breather on the intake..... So disassembled the top of the motor and all the head bolts came right out with a ratchet.... Ugh what a mess that turned into. So we replaced that with a fresh d16y7 head, arp studs, new timing belt water pump and all the gaskets along with a 96-98 civic ex intake manifold (d16y8 IM) and it's finally getting taken care of And has a little bit more power lol.... I know this story had no purpose I just figured is share it cause it was a first and pretty for us lol I'm still a greenhorn so idk how to post any pictures yet

So what your saying is your did a head gasket on ya friend car, and decided to put another intake mani on it so it would say obd2 with an obd1 bottom end....

:)

Back