1st Gen Vs 2nd Gen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

i want to do a b16 swap in my delsol s willthe 1st gen go in as easy as the second gen because the 1st gen motors are reallycheap

no
they are OBD-0, you are OBD-1
they have a cable tranny, you have a hydro trany
it will cost you moreto get that engine into your car than it would to buy the right one in the first place

yea i kno that but the cant i just get a diff ecu to overcome the obd problem and plus hasport makes a cable to hydro adapter

so wont the 2nd gen just basically bolt in likea pullout the old engine and swap in the new one hook up all the stuff and turn thekey

if you get the first gen then you need to change the distributor and injectors as well to get it to work with an obd1 ecu, just get the second gen it will be much easier and, by the time you get the first gen working with your car you will have spent as much as the second gen.
Plus in a few states (california for sure) the motor you put in your car has to be the same year or newer than your car.
You can go ahead and put a b16a in your car no one is stopping you, but it is more practicle to put a B16sirII in your car.
Good Luck.

no the OBD issue is not as simple as swapping an ECU .... you will be missing a bunch of sensors

for the 2nd gen if you get the full swap, you will need to run VTEC wires and thats about it

B16A1 SECOND GENERATION DUAL OVERHEAD CAM 1.6 LITER VTEC ENGINE. Please note: Freight will be charged at actual ground cost.

Price $ 1,600.00

that is the engine that i want right?

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 23 2003, 11:40 AM
no the OBD issue is not as simple as swapping an ECU .... you will be missing a bunch of sensors

for the 2nd gen if you get the full swap, you will need to run VTEC wires and thats about it

so the rest of it will just be bolt ins

no the B16A1 is not a 2nd gen ... where did you find that???
i wouldnt buy from a place that doesnt know what they have

im pretty sure its a modded 1st gen with an obd1 ecu and such
B16A2 $3,200.00
B16A2 OBD 2 DUAL OVERHEAD CAM 1.6 LITER VTEC MOTOR, TRANNY, ECU, AXLES, SHIFT LINKAGE and wiring harness. Please note: Freight will be charged at actual ground cost.
i only need obd 1 right and then there is this one
B16A1 92-95 MOD $1,600.00
B16A1 SECOND GENERATION DUAL OVERHEAD CAM 1.6 LITER VTEC ENGINE. Please note: Freight will be charged at actual ground cost.
see i think it is modded should i trust em go to vsvperformance.com

those are super overpriced.
a B16A runs for around 1200 i have seen it for less.... goto hybridrevolution.com
and email that guy he has good deals.
b16sir2 or as some places call it b16a2 cost around 2100 or so.

naw i was playing for real for money and time b18b or b16a2 that i all that i want to kno

your wanting the b16sirII not the b16a2. the a2 is obd2 and the sirII is obd1. the a2 would be more wiring work and cost more cuz it's the newest one.... your wasting our time.... look the shit up in the search option or in our reference section. stop askiing us bullshit questions that you can find the answer for in two minutes if your lazy ass looked.

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 23 2003, 12:58 PM
naw i was playing for real for money and time b18b or b16a2 that i all that i want to kno

You are a waste of time. This site is not for being fucking stupid. Also, know is spelled K-N-O-W. If you're too fucking lazy to look the 3 billion b18b vs b16 threads, and to type properly, then you dont deserve to have any of your questions answered.

Can you'll figure out what exactly this guy is saying?

wow you guys are mature for hating on me for the way that i type am sorry this isnt school we are all talking about one thing that we all have in common im sorry that i ask questions that is how people learn shit damn and im sorry i dont jsut search through shit if you dont like it then dont fucking respond

Back