1st Things 1st

What was the first thing you did to your ride?

• Exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowered it

• Sound System

• Lights

• Dropped Motor

• Rims

• Ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BallinPrelude

I havent done anything to my car yet except transfer my bumps from my other lude to this one. Im using a 15inch Eclipse, 750watt MTX amp, Xplode head unit. I do have rims ordered that will be coming soon. Next im definatly aiming for straight performance.

other..im in the process of doing massive bodywork to mine :D

shave a lil here...a lil there...with a lil primer to throw in the mix :D

First figure out what route you want to take. NA, get the air intake and a 2.25 inch exhaust system. If turbo, dont do intake and then do a 3 inch exhaust system. Next do suspention.

Edit, i read the thing wrong, i thought it was a suggestion poll. Technicly intake was first on my car but the previous owner did that, MY first mod was exhaust

i disagree with everything.

SUSPENSION first. and suspension is NOT lowering it. lowering your car is for ricers. putting GOOD suspension on the car = good :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 11 2003, 12:32 AM

SUSPENSION first. and suspension is NOT lowering it. lowering your car is for ricers. putting GOOD suspension on the car = good :)

Tein's lower your car, or did you raise it back up? If not, calling yourself a rice? Bills car is lowered what little is it on Teins, he is a ricer i guess? Nah :)

I would think that a decent looking lowered suspension job is just fine. As long as you don't have to go around speed bumps it's just low profile not rice..

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 11 2003, 12:36 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 11 2003, 12:32 AM

Tein's lower your car, or did you raise it back up? If not, calling yourself a rice? Bills car is lowered what little is it on Teins, he is a ricer i guess? Nah :)

lowering is optional. i could easily run stock height on these.

intake *Air dymanics racing :lol: *
lower *tokico blues, sprint springs, 2.25" *
exhaust *custom 2.25" piping, removed resonator, dual 3" (shut it, i liked it :lol: ) tip muffler*
sound *two rockford 12's, powered by rockford amp*

next i have a motorswap on tap. i figure i need about 1600 repairs to my current engine, so why not get a new one?!?

i voted "other"
i bought everything and decided to wait to put it all on at the same time :)
now i have a huge stack of stuff that will all be getting done at once

swap/mounts
suspension (coilovers/all bars)
brakes
i/h/c/e
rims/tires
racing seats
roll bar
harnesses
weight reduction
electronics (ECU/VAFC/guages)
etc...

My mods kinda went like this:
- Intake
- Exhaust
- Lowering springs w/ camber kit
- Header
- Brake rotors up front
- Tires
- Sony X-Plode 6x9's in the rear
- Cam gear
- H22A swap y0, funk dis single cam VTEC shizzy!
- Cam gears, clutch and lightweight flywheel
- Tokico Blue shocks
- Got rid of the Sprint Springs, installed some H&R Sport's
- Soon to come - GReddy Emanage System

Gone from that list are all cosmetic mods. Thanks to lsvtec for corrupting me with his damn Integra. He got to to buy the intake for my previously stock car than I had never even dreamt about modding. Then it was all downhill from there. Also thanks to him for keeping me relatively rice-free.

sTrAiGHt Up Lizights yO!

hoLLa baCK for BubB RuBB aNd GiT dA wISTLe TiP tOO.

Dropping D16z6 in this weekend. Been listening to stock 50w blown speakers and receiver that couldn't get reception with a 50 foot antenna for the last 2 months. So I mostly hum to myself. Next I'll drop in a B18C when I get some green.

i normally would vote for the intake first, but you already have a fairly fast car (prelude), so i voted for rims instead, since you are obviously into looks and rims would make the most visual impact..even more than lowering it. i lowered my car before i got rims and wish i had done the rims first.

Back