2 different subs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Feudal

is it will be ok to run 2 different subs? with close specs but not 100% identical

lol
yeah, but it might look and sound kinda funny.. really depends on the differences.
might sound even better then two identicals.

You can, but it is going to be tricky to get it to sound right. If you run them off of two seperate amps, you need to be careful or you will experience cancellation. The best idea here is to run them off of the same amp, and make sure you stay right around RMS on the sub with the lowest RMS rating.

You can, but it is going to be tricky to get it to sound right. If you run them off of two seperate amps, you need to be careful or you will experience cancellation. The best idea here is to run them off of the same amp, and make sure you stay right around RMS on the sub with the lowest RMS rating.
same amp with same channels? or for example 4 ch amp with bridged 1/2 3/4

If the box has a piece of wood separating the two subs, ie two separate chambers, then it doesn't matter. If it's one big open space for the both then they have to be really close, otherwise the stronger of the two can damage the weaker.

If the box has a piece of wood separating the two subs, ie two separate chambers, then it doesn't matter. If it's one big open space for the both then they have to be really close, otherwise the stronger of the two can damage the weaker.

correct sir. as long as they are in their own chambers its fine. if they are going be powered by amp...they should..make sure they are wired so the amp can see an even ohm load like 2 or 4 ohms.

i burnt up my amp because i bridged 2 identical svc forsgate subs. i never noticed that one was 4ohms and the other was 2ohm.

Back