2 wheels > 4 wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StarBellieAngel

So today I passed my M1 permit test. :) In a few weeks it's off to the MSF class, and then... I will be a fully licensed M1 rider. I'm stoked. :) :D

MotoMILF

:lmao:

word. riding within my limits will be easy on a ninja 250. :) i don't plan to dump it, but i know it could happen. *shrug* it's about being smart, and staying safe, even though it can't always save you.

M1 = motorcycle of ANY cc; M2 = vespa status or smaller (149cc or less)

wooo hooo

little vespa hunnie
lol

and don't let the ninja 250 fool you
that was my second bike at the tender age of 17...
they may look and feel small, but they can really get up and go, and mine was BEAT
lol
gear up... drive slow... keep a cool head, and always be ready to brake...
get good control over your front brake too...
its all too easy to lock up that rear wheel when you're trying to stop FAST and panic... you gotta keep that back wheel rolling and put a lot of stopping force on the front without throwing yourself...

be smart, be safe...

a 250 among 600s?? i was going to get a 500, and i still might, considering i could use the little extra low end...

but the 250 would be great to just get comfy with, and not be able to go 110 all the time at the twist of the wrist. :)

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Aug 22 2005, 05:18 PM
i don't plan to dump it

Most people don't usually PLAN to dump it in the first place. Shit just happeneds, and there's nothing you can do about it.

All I can say is, wear all the protective gear!

Have fun. :)

watch the drivers on the road, most of them dont see bikes at all,

nothing sexier than a woman on a bike

250's are a good bike to start on. take a month or more to fully learn what your bike can do, and get totally confortable on it before you go and rail on it and try to keep up with the other riders

i don't plan to dump it
[post=543685]Quoted post[/post]​

i didnt plan to get cut off at the last second by an asshole in a dodge ram that didnt see me, and i definatly didnt plan on ending up in ICU, or breaking my leg, arm, ribs, neck, nose, cheek, eye socket,(yes i had a helmet on) or dislocating my knee, or tearing open my knee and thigh, or collapsing a lung, or spending 18 months recovering
gallery_18_15_4857.jpg

:(

my friend barry didnt plan to dump his bike 2 weeks ago, he didnt plan on fracturing his skull, he didnt plan on shattering his right wrist, he didnt plan on getting road rash covering about 60% of his body (both legs, both arms, back, waist, head)

the kid i went to school with joe that had some bitch merge into him on the highway in a construction zone, didnt plan on that, and he damn sure didnt plan on having a car run his head over when he dumped the bike, he didnt plan on getting a TBI (traumatic brain injury) he didnt plan on regressing back to the intelligence level of a 8 year old

the other 20 people i know that have gotten into some type of accident on a bike in the last 5 years didnt plan on any of their accidents either, some of them didnt get hurt too bad, some of them got pretty fucked up, some of them arent here any more.

no one plans on having an accident.... thats why they call them accidents

get gear and wear it... accidents happen EVERYWHERE

You should see the pics

motorcycles are great
i miss mine like fucking crazy
i wont ride again
but i also wouldnt trade the time i had on my bike for anything in the world

just know that there are risks, and they can be HUGE

close calls will happen almost every time you take the bike out
some will be closer than others
and its only a matter of time before one of them gets too close

3 of the best riders i know have gone down this year alone

so "ill be careful" or "im too good for that" isnt going to save you from a fucking thing
proper riding gear on the other hand, might save you

talk to people who have been riding for more than 5 years and just about every one of them has a story to tell

Originally posted by dveit+Aug 22 2005, 03:48 PM-->
i don't plan to dump it

Most people don't usually PLAN to dump it in the first place. Shit just happeneds, and there's nothing you can do about it.

All I can say is, wear all the protective gear!

Have fun. :)
[post=543741]Quoted post[/post]​

E_SolSi
@Aug 22 2005, 06:42 PM
motorcycles are great
i miss mine like fucking crazy
i wont ride again
but i also wouldnt trade the time i had on my bike for anything in the world

just know that there are risks, and they can be HUGE

close calls will happen almost every time you take the bike out
some will be closer than others
and its only a matter of time before one of them gets too close

3 of the best riders i know have gone down this year alone

so "ill be careful" or "im too good for that" isnt going to save you from a fucking thing
proper riding gear on the other hand, might save you

talk to people who have been riding for more than 5 years and just about every one of them has a story to tell
[post=543787]Quoted post[/post]​

this is why i say 'but i know it CAN happen' honestly, you can be the safest rider, on the safest roads, with all the know how/gear etc, but it does happen, i know this. but i will take EVERY precaution i can to protect myself.

the best in gear, ALL leathers... i'm not going to be a stunter, and i will ride fully within my limits. i still have NO experience actually riding, and i don't want to kill myself trying to show off.

i agree whole heartedly, and no, no one plans on it, but i DO plan to keep myself as safe as i can, to protect myself as much as i can, if something does happen. in fact... i feel kinda speshul since every one cares so much to say that they want me to be careful. hehehe

1) new helmet - i have one but it's about 2 years old, so it's time for a new one, and a better one
2) i have a mesh jacket with back/arm/elbow protection, but that's only for passenger riding... so i'll buy myself FULL leathers (probably dainese or alpine)
3) need boots
4) gloves are good... kevlar and carbon fiber on the back... all leather for the rest... i wish alpinestars would make the SP-1 for women... grrr
5) then i'll get a bike. :) only when i'm fully equipped.

i just can't wait... heh

EDIT: hubby's been riding since he was 4, so i have a great teacher too... i've been with him when we've had close calls. so, even I have stories i could tell.

I agree 100% E

I have nothing but respect and fear when I'm on the bike, and I pray all the time that I stay safe on it. But damn if it isn't a fucking blast just being on it and cruising. of course, you have to take into account that I have a different kind of bike all together, although, I know that doesn't make the risk of accident any less likely

your head hits the pavement just as hard from a 1300cc hyabusa as it does from a 250cc kawi upright....

thats why i said "watch the other drivers on the road".
right now i am in the same boat that E was in. some ass cracker turned into me and now not only do I have a totaled bike but i have 2 broken legs, shit load of road rash,

I though that alpinestar made a new line for women?

but it sounds like the setup you want (full leathers, leather race gloves, boots, new helment) is a good idea before you start riding.

now not only do I have a totaled bike but i have 2 broken legs, shit load of road rash,

god damn, now i remember why i quote riding...
been thinking about starting again
whats the point of life if you don't do what you want... but then again, whats the point of life if doing what you want gets you killed or mamed...

Back