20 ft container from japan...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So, i have a proposition for people on hondaswap or basically anyone that has funds and wants cheaper JDM parts...

So i found a company that will let you come to their yard in japan and let you hand pick whatever parts, clips, motors you want, and then provide shipping for either a 20 foot container or 40 foot container..
i think a 20 footer is approx 10 engines...
just an estimate

not sure about the costs involved at all... but i was thinking if we could get 10 people, or 20 people or whatever to go in on this then i would be willing to take a "business trip" to japan to hand pick everything...
we're talking compression tests, and checking start up and pretty much as thorough(sp) of an inspection i can do without ripping the motor apart...

so again, i don;t have any specific costs, but i figured the more people i might be able to get on board the more the shipping costs can be distributed...

i am not a business and am not trying to get free advertising, just trying to get a group buy of sorts going...

EDIT 1: and they do sell whole cars as well... not sure how that works with the container though...

EDIT 2: The minimum quantity would be 10 engines + other parts for 20ft container and 20 engines + other parts for 40ft container.

Whole cars is something you DON"T want to mess with. That's why they ship either clips, or pull hte motors and just send them together. You can legally import a clip, or a chassis with no motor, but not a running car without a lot of paperwork.

Shipping containers from here (Germany) cost us about $600-$1000 conainting a car, if say a service member has two cars, they ship the heavy one through the military, and pay for the other. Now from Japn the rate may be cheaper, or more, or about the same, but Germany does have a very high tax even on stuff going out. That's why Recaros cost $1200 in the states, and $700 here.

Look into it, I MAY beinterested, depending on the price. BUT what say they don't have what someone that paid wants?

good idea :thumbsup:, but there could be alot of potenial problems that i think will keep people away from it

yea, i know there could be many problems...
this is just an idea to see what people think, ya know?

i would make sure they have what people want before any deals were made...
if people wanted to come along for the trip that would be fine as well...
hell it could be a "meet" of sorts for a trip to japan...

so i would confirm that i could get whatever parts of motors people want...
i guess they have a couple yards, as well as partners that they deal with...
and they will even let you take the parts out yourself too...
interesting idea indeed...

i'm an accountant so unfortunately i will be too busy to even think about traveling until after april 15th, and i should be getting a nice bonus so i would have funds for the airfare and such expenses...
but until then, i have a lot of time, so i can start working on it now so it would be set up to some extent in a month when i would get a chance to go...

not sure about how much the container will be, but you can use those estimates posted... not sure how much the motors go for but i figure it pretty much HAS to be cheaper than buying from an importer thats only in the scene to make a profit from people...

if anyone speaks japanese they are invited to travel with us as well...

so i'm an honest guy trying to help people out, but if anyone doesnt trust me, i don't blame you, i am after all just some guy on the internet, so if that is a problem for you then all i can advise is save up for a plane ticket so you can come along to make sure everything is on the up and up...

what kind of price differences are we seeing on the motors here like 20% off, 50% off ?? i mean compared to what we would pay at a motor importer, id like to roll up in there with some yin, bow my head and have some shit shipped over.

:D

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Mar 18 2004, 02:40 PM
what kind of price differences are we seeing on the motors here like 20% off, 50% off ?? i mean compared to what we would pay at a motor importer, id like to roll up in there with some yin, bow my head and have some shit shipped over.

:D

Put it this way. In japan, you can but a FULL skyline for 3-30k (depending on model. R32 is 3-4, r33 is between 8-15, and r34's for like 30k (dont remember the price on the R34's off hand but that number comes to mind) Basicly if you went over there, you could pull the engine and ship the two seperatly, and have a skyline for under 10k. You would still have to registor it but if you just used it as a track car, it would work.

Or, you can buy an ITR swap for around 800-1000, ship it over here for around 400-1000, and then you have yourself a ITR swap for about the same price as an SIRI swap. Fast n Ferious and all that shit has made everything in the hondaworld inflate like crazy.,

I wouldn't mind a set of JDM one peice Del Sol headlights if I could get them pretty cheap (less then 100)

I would be interested when you have more stuff listed that we could get.I think you should do it maybe more towards may or june so people have more time to scrape togather money. Me being one of them lol

well, it def won't be any sooner than april 15th, and it may be later if it takes longer to get people on board...

i figure any JDM part you want we could get...
same idea as US junkyard, except everything is on the other side of the world, and much cooler since it is JDM of course...

so i will contact them and see what the shipping is on a container and see what sort of engine prices i can get...

this is gonna be like christmas if i get to go to a JDM salvage yard...
only downside is that i NEED a minimun of 10 motor orders... plus other parts to fill the container...
i was thinking about seats, gauge clusters...
suspension parts if people want them...
or course any aftermarket things i find i will try and get...
maybe rims? misc interior pieces, headlights would be a "look for" item..

anything else people can think of...
the better list i have the fewer times i need to contact them regarding prices...
anyone interested in non honda acura stuff?
last resort would be to pull non honda people on board, but i have more experience in honda than anything else so thats what i'm leaning towards...

Originally posted by brc80@Mar 18 2004, 07:55 PM
Id be into getting some stuff, Anything for the da chassis would be good,

lol, I didn't know that I was quoted in your sig.

Well if my new job comes through i would be looking for a jdm type r motor and maybe a new front end for my rex, plus ek type r gauge cluster and the type r seats. I guess that would be a good list for me to start with so if you can get some prices togather on those ill go from there.

sounds like a great idea, i just think you need some more details in order to get some more people on board. try getting prices on various swaps/clips, post 'em up and maybe link the thread on h-t.

im intrested in stuff from the integra XSI's and ITR parts
we could stack ITR engines to the roof and get like 20 in.......just think ITR engine for like 2000 bucks, and sell it here for like 4000, you double your money... and we could ductape sets of ITR cams to the roof of the container and fit like 30 pairs(350 bucks a piece here in NJ)
I want to get in on this, let me know...
hondaracing_power@hotmail.com

ok, Let me just give you alittle info about this. I import contianers from tailand all the time for my job. With a 20 footer, you can fit a hell of alot more then 10 motors. what you need to do is get a Sub-divided container with was it have a huge shelf that goes right down the middle and makes it like 2 floors. These containers are 8-10 feet high depending on the model of them. So i'm guessing you can fit at least 20 motors with trannys on them. And another thing. The longer you wait the more it's going to cost. Currently we are down about $.23 per dollar from last year so right now 1 US dollar is 106.79 Yen. This number may be alttie off because it's yesterdays rate. What we do over here is keep an eye on the rate transfer. We will load up a container and them once the rate lowers a little then we ship it out.

well, i am suprised and very pleased with the amount of responses i got from this...

just a couple notes... i know you can fit more than 10 motors in a 20 footer, but the minimum amount would be 10, but of course the more orders the lesser the total cost to everyone...

and another note...
i am leaning more towards just getting things for people for personal use... i understand that you can make a huge profit, but I'm honestly just looking to get a deal for friends, not so interested in trying to score a shit load of motors to sell at a huge gain... if i did that then i would be no better then every other importer out there trying to make a buck off the honda scene, and the way prices have skyrocketed, we really need someone on our side to try and do a little cost control of sorts...

and sorry to say but the chances of getting type r cams without the motor are most likely slim to none, as well as finding 10 type r motors, or multiple sets of type r seats... hopefully they will have MANY of everything, but you have to recognize the rarities of certain things...

so speaking of type r cams, i was also thinking about perhaps hitting up the aftermarket places in japan to score good deals and throw the new stuff in the container as well... so then cams and other parts would be more readily available... i will try to contact them today to get some prices and hopefully this goes through...
please tell your friends of the hondatech people like someone mentioned...
i am only a member of hondaswap because i have found it to be the most reliable and entertaining site... so if you guys wanna spread the word so we can get a decent group of people that would be great...

so anyone interested in going along?
i am def going to fly there if this goes through, just so i don't have a billion people wanting to beat my ass, and my friend i refer to as Dr. Honda has already said he would be willing to go along as well... for obvious reasons regarding ensuring the quality of the motors... but it would be great to get some more people to go along, perhaps we could time it around an import show that everyone would benefit from... great memories, and a great experience...

any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated, should have numbers by the end of next week at the latest...
thanks again
recked

EDIT: what sort of business are you in that you import containers? motors? or just an import export company? and i def appreciate the info on the dollar:yen value, i will def be checking back with you as the trip date approaches,,,

Back