2000 civic ex chassis 96 engine harness and ecu but its not getting fuel any help ?

i swapped in a d16y7 engine,harness and ecu but fuel pump not working any help?

• possible immobilized?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ecu not compatible with chassis?

• any help?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wes315

ive swapped in a 96 civic lx d16y7 engine into my 00 civic ex at first i used the 00 harness and ecu but speedo and idle were off,changed harness and ecu to 96 but now im not getting fuel,did a16 to a15 pinout change but still no fuel,what else do i need to change?thanks for any advice,i am out of options

Why did you re-pin stuff?

The OBD2B cabin harness, ECU and Key relate to one another (immobilizer). What OBD2B ecu did you use?

Rule of thumb with Honda swaps: use the chassis engine harness. I know using an older motor in a newer chassis is not smog legal.

I'm guessing finances made you put a older and less hp motor in your car. But now your chasing gremlins you'd of never seen with a OBD2B D16Y8 that your car came with. Same ECU and Engine Harness.

i repinned it trying to get power to the fuel pump,im putting the original harness back in and pins back to factory,i was told to use a 00 base model ecu and use the 00 distributor

That sounds right to me. Well, the entire base model longblock and ECU. They should work fine with your chassis engine harness.

It's possible that the new ECU doesn't match your key (in terms of immobilizer) But, if that's the case, the car would not start. I know a dealership can mate them for a cost.

Back