2000 hatch gsr swap help pleasee

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

snaponkid123

ok i have a 2000 civic hatch with the motor taken out and my 2000 gsr ready to put in besides a couple issues heres my setup...

-have 2000 gsr, cv shafts
-got ex civic harness from 99 ex (still need to conver to fit gsr)
-want to use obd1 p28 but need the converion harness
-also need to buy the correct converion mounts

my issues are...

-passing inspection in new york state with the obd1 conputer?
-where to get the p28 maped for gsr
-has anyone used the "chipped p28" ecu often found on ebay? theres hundreds of them and i dont know if i should trust them.
-avid better than hasport mounts or inovative or vise versa?cheaper solution for mounts?
and by removing the charcoal filter will have an even harder time inspecting it?

thanks for reading and any help would be greatly appreciated

-your car will not pass an obd2 inspection with an obd1 ECU. the communication port they plug into will not read any codes from your ECU.
-phearable.net - give them a call, they will get you taken care of
-depends, theres a lot of people out there chipping ECU's it seems like. i cant honestly answer that question. id search craiglist so you can actually see it before you do it. either that or get a virgin ecu and have phearable chip it
-i have avid mounts and i must say im impressed with the quality, but i wouldnt say its any better than hasport or innovative. all are reputable brands. go with whatever fits your budget best.
-charcoal filter isnt too big of a deal, the main issue is going to be the obd1 ecu
which leads me to my next suggestion.

if you are planning on keeping things relatively stock (mainly bolt ons) just get an obd2 p72 ecu and keep it simple. this will allow your car to be inspected and pass

what about the restrictions for the key and ignition codes for that i heard you need to change the entire ignition?
found a p28 my friend has with uberdata chipped with gsr basemap for 100 bucks
think i may go with that because of future plans
why would i have more problems with the obd1 comp taking out the charcoal canister?
thanks for the help

i meant that the charcoal canister wont be such a big deal. the big problem is going to be the obd1 ECU.

i highly recommend going obd2a. the only ecu youre going to need to change the ignition with is an obd2 p72 that is 00 or newer.

can i use a 37820-p72-a02 ecu for the 2000 gs-r? still have the 99 ex harness.. need conversion harness still.. whats the difference between the a02 and a04?

Back