2004 1.7M ESI or 2007 1.4M jazz?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

James72

Hi guys,

Need your advices. Intending to get a Honda car to do a K24/k20 turbo swap. Have narrow down to the above two cars. 2004 Civic 1.7 esi or the 2007 Jazz 1.4 GD. Which is easier and less complicated to do the kswap? & why?

What are the kerb weight of both the cars? Which is easier to revert back to stock if required to?

Thanks!
James

Honestly, they'll both probably be equally difficult- because you'd have to basically swap out the entire drivetrain and convert it all over to the K setup. I'd go with whatever your preference was in terms of body style.

Swap kits ARE available for both cars, but in the US the Fit (Jazz) seems to be more popular, so there will probably be more support for that platform. BUT since you're obviously outside the USA, I don't know what support you have for engine swaps where you are.

Based on a quick look, that model year Civic and the 1st gen Fit/Jazz seem to be about the same weight- about 2500 pounds, or uh... like 1150 kg (quick mental calculation).

As far as reversing back to stock, again- probably about the same.

On second thought though- I THINK that the Jazz will be slightly easier beacuse of hood clearance- but the engine bay is still pretty shallow.

Found alot of info while searching for jazz kswap but not much on 1.7 kswap. So the post.

Back