2004 CRV Code P1456

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
I have a 2004 CRV that is our 3rd car so it doesn't get driven all that often.

I need to get it reinspected so I started driving it recently and got a CEL. Looked at the code and its P1456 for EVAP system leakage. Doing a little research online first place to look is the fuel cap not being tight. I definitely made sure it was tight, but did see what looked like a possible crack in the rubber seal.

Anyone else familiar with this error code or other things I should check for a solution? Car won't be able to pass inspection until I get this cleared out.

gas cap is cheap parts, replace the bitch, clear the code and wait :)

if not you'll have to find a place with a smoke shop and check the fuel filler/tank for leaks.

I agree. I went ahead and ordered an OEM cap from Amazon with free Same Day Shipping so it should be here this afternoon! That way I don't have to leave the office to go get it.

Hopefully that fixes it...

you'll need to drive some miles for it to clear out for real for the scanner

Yeah, I've got a scanner that can clear the code out, but it will take a day or so for the issue to come back if the cap doesn't fix it.

I did stick my head around the gas door before swapping out the cap and there was a noticeable smell of gas, more than I've ever noticed before. So hopefully that is the issue.

Update...looks like the gas cap was the issue. No longer getting the P1456 code and EVAP monitor is now showing green.

Glad it wasn't a bigger problem.

Back