2007 North East Street Car Challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
$1000 buy in, winner take all. 2 cars or 100 cars, doesn't matter.

Payment due in full in CASH at the start of first event.
(Hector will hold the cash, cuz he's too slow to make away with it.)

cash will be held in a secure area (i have a safe) until the end of the series, at which, I will present the winner at the end of the 3rd event with the loot. (depending on where the event is, i won't be carrying that much cash on me... there may be a pit stop to pick up the cash)

So, what is it?

its Steve vs Brian for the most part, but hey, we'll open it up if you're man enough :) It will consist of 3 events during the 2007 season.
- 1 drag at Lebanon Valley.
- 1 auto-x at CartCT in bristol
- 1 track day at Limerock (this may be iffy, as its hard to get into a timed event up there... will have to consult with cartct on this when they have their track days, they do some timed lapping)

1 car event (you must own the car, and can only use one car for all 3 events)

It must be driven to/from every event on its own power. no tow trucks. (Street cars y0!)
(if you break down, you can get towed home... thats the exception. your points will still count so long as you made a run that counted prior to breaking down)

Car must be licensed/insured, and thus, a legal street car.

1 set of DOT approved STREET tires for all events (no swapping to drag radials for drag unless you plan to autox and track on drag radials, no non DOT r-comps for autox unless you plan to drag on them)

mods, 100% open, but they must remain on the car for all events (ie, no removing sways/bars for drag to make the car lighter) and it must be how you drive the car on a daily basis. no removing crap (like interiors) just for the event.

only mod not allowed: Nitrous.

car must be able to pass all inspections per track rules. if your car fails, you get a 0 for the event. we won't re-schedule just because you didn't pass tech. Especially on auto-x days where the track is different every time... its the only way its fair.

you will need an SA2000 approved helmet or better (SA2005) for most track events. atuo-x, you can get away with an M2000.

event registration costs are NOT included in the $1000. the $1000 is the cash pot. The registrations everyone will need to pay on their own.

Should you miss a pre-reg (lime rock mostly) if it fills up, sorry, but you're out. So when the dates are official, be sure to reserve your spot ASAP.

this is not the be-all rules list. this may change over the next few days.

post your thoughts, and lets get a tentative schedule together.

Last edited:
so having no nitrous is not allowed?

hah just kidding. sounds awesome! maybe i can come up with a thousand bucks.

Damn it...and I'll have 3 street legal cars to run next spring...

delete that rule please please please.....

the CRX for autocross, the white Z for the road race, and the red Z for the drag...

If this goes down, and you don't get vids, I'll bring down the wrath of Santa Claus :mellow:

sounds like incredible fun, but i still have about 1,000 before any car i own is close to ready for any of this (most of the money goes to suspension stuff) and then....$250 each way to CT, and $1,000 entry fee. maybe hopping a flight and just watching would be more effective.

If you need anyone to help staff the events and help out I'm game B.

Might be able to bring some WRX's your way.

the events will be held at track days/events, and thus staff will already be there.

clayton, no, 1 car. the ultimate street car is not a combination of what car.

its what ONE car and ONE driver can do everything the best.

cuz in all honesty, i could buy a built mustang for drag, and run my car on the autox/track, and thats not remotely fair.

werd, cause at the strip, your m3 aint gotta chance against my lude :ph34r:

i do have a silly question though.....what is steve running v. the M?

Last edited:
steve's cosworth vega.

you want an adreline rush, it will be 2 g's large :p

its either 2gs or two large, bitch.

and for some reason i thought you meant the recently married SiSteve/BobVila. Not Celerity. Now i wanna see this even more. I dont think he has a chance.

im SOOOO in this :)

i know steve doesnt have a chance against me in any of the events above, but you on the other hand... the M powa... heh.

im in bitches.

nice.

once the clubs release their schedules for the season, we can start planning

good thing I didn't buy rear tires yet for those rims...now I know what to buy, what to fix up, what to sell, and I'll walk away with the prize....

now if we could add a drift event to the mix...then an all around compition...but that wouldn't be fair to the hondas... :p

drifting is not a timed event, and will not be a part of this.

i would like to get in on this, coming up with ~1500 might be a stretch, but would we be able to participate on an 'exhibitionary' basis (going to events, comparing times, but no 1000 buy in, and as such, no winnings)?

Back